General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Film Song for Marion

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 9 Mar 2013 12:20

Anyone been to see it? We went on Thursday (Have to say that is twice we have been to the cinema this year!!)

It is an excellent film, Terence Stamp, Vanessa Redgrave are the main characters in it. Sad and funny and a film that makes you think. Probably more suited to the older generation (over 50s).

ButtercupFields

ButtercupFields Report 9 Mar 2013 12:23

I had planned to go and see it last week Ann, but didn't make it. Glad you enjoyed it and hopefully I shall go soon. I LOVE the cinema, always have done. <3

Mauatthecoast

Mauatthecoast Report 9 Mar 2013 12:28

I'm looking forward to seeing the film Ann :-)..

..........pity you didn't get to see it BC :-(

I love cinema too....d'ya both fancy going next week sometime? ;-)

Mau xx

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 9 Mar 2013 12:29

Lol BC when we went to Les Mis we had not been for over 20 years, never got round to it and hadn't worked out where the multi screen cinema was once they closed the 'proper' cinema. Now we have found it we will go more often, and it is so convenient too, right next to several restaurants and not far from the bus stop, and with a 1.30 performance most days. When we went Thursday there were only 20 of us in there, all silver surfers! :-D

ButtercupFields

ButtercupFields Report 9 Mar 2013 12:35

Yes Mau, let's meet up next week for your famous Fillum Quiz! Goody!

Ann, there is a cinema near here which has the most gloriously comfortable seats I haveever sat in! When we went to see Argo a ferew weeks ago, there were about ten other people in the cinema...Mind you the price was steep...£9 quid for pensioners! :-D <3

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 9 Mar 2013 12:46

Ooh that is steep. Yes the studio we saw Les Mis in had really comfortable seats, Thursdays was fine but a lot narrower, price was £6.50. Whenw e saw Les Mis price was £5.10
What is Argo about.

Yes Mau, I'll catch the bus and we can go.

I have to say I am not good at the quizzes because of not having been but I do read them.

Mauatthecoast

Mauatthecoast Report 9 Mar 2013 12:47

Most of them are gettable Ann :-D

ButtercupFields

ButtercupFields Report 9 Mar 2013 13:05

Oh DO join in, Ann. They are great fun :-D And free Kia Ora !

:-D

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 9 Mar 2013 13:06

:-D

ChrisofWessex

ChrisofWessex Report 9 Mar 2013 13:08

BC- Argo - I was told that it was the american version of events - similar to Enigma where events were changed.

Is that correct?

ButtercupFields

ButtercupFields Report 9 Mar 2013 13:13

Hi Chris...yes, it was 'loosely' based on events in Tehran in 1979, and it was a cracking good story!

ChrisofWessex

ChrisofWessex Report 9 Mar 2013 13:15

History is history - why do the Yanks always try to change it?
Especially when the events are within the bounds of living
memory.

MarionfromScotland

MarionfromScotland Report 9 Mar 2013 13:34

I thought you had posted a song for me lol

Marion

Annx

Annx Report 9 Mar 2013 18:30

Yes, I have seen it too and enjoyed it. We always go in the day, cheaper and quieter with hardly anyone in the cinema. We have been the only ones there a few times. The drinks and icecreams are a rip off though.