General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Gift subscriptions

Genes Reunited gift subscription

Do you know someone interested in discovering their family history?

You can now buy a gift subscription to Genes Reunited so they can research their family tree.

Buy gift or redeem gift

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

So what do have planned

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

UzziInSunshine

UzziInSunshine Report 9 Mar 2013 19:41

for tomorrow ?

Foggy

Foggy Report 9 Mar 2013 19:49

Going home.

Foggy.

Island

Island Report 9 Mar 2013 19:52

Waking up would be a great start :-D

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 9 Mar 2013 19:53

A mad dash round with the vac in the morning in preperation for son and his partner to arrive by 2 (in time for the Rugby kick off)

Then we are being taken out for a late lunch about 4. As he got the kick off time wrong (its at 3 not 2.30) , it might be for an early dinner!

♥†۩ Carol   Paine ۩†♥

♥†۩ Carol Paine ۩†♥ Report 9 Mar 2013 20:00

Being taken out for Lunch by my son.

StrayKitten

StrayKitten Report 9 Mar 2013 20:32

a nice family day together, :-D

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 9 Mar 2013 20:36

nuffin!!! have been confined to bed since Wednesday wth a flu like thingy - just emerged downstairs for the first time - very wobbly indeed = my lovely daughter in law has been twice to see I'm OK - she's a nurse and working nights this week and son is still off awaiting an MIR scan so Mothering Sunday will be a non event though I do see I have a card and a gardening voucher

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 10 Mar 2013 06:32

Poor you Ann, hope you feel better soon so you can go out and spend that voucher.

I am being taken out for a late carvery lunch at a restaurant I like, with my o.h., son and his gf so looking forward to not cooking or washing up! Son still hasn't got a job so not expecting a pressie, card will do.

Hope those going out have a nice meal and everyone enjoys spending time with their families, where possible.

Lizx

Mauatthecoast

Mauatthecoast Report 10 Mar 2013 12:12

Flowers and cards delivered this morning ........double cards as it's also our wedding anniversary today :-D

Joeva

Joeva Report 10 Mar 2013 14:15

I had a wonderful surprise today.... answering a ring at the door to find my three lovely granddaughters with my son-in-law bringing me a beautiful bouquet, card and Champagne !

It was a really emotional moment to see them all standing there because I had seen earlier the girls sad postings on Facebook of how much they miss their mummy, especially today. :-(

A very poignant day, I thank them all from the bottom of my heart for making me feel so special

<3 <3 <3

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 10 Mar 2013 14:39

Nothing really special at home but I got flowers yesterday from our daughter and a card. She lives 30 plus mile s away and cant visit but we spoke on the phone and today she has posted another message forr me & her MIL on Facebook .

Grandson visits every 3rd Sunday to see if Grandad needs any jobs done, he rang yesterday to say this Sunday was a visit but I told him we dont need anything done and to spend his time at home and going to see his mum, He also doesn't live locally and is a lorry driver who is away all week , sometimes on the continent so he is a very caring lad to see what his grandad may need .

He has told me off on more than occasion for doing things but I aint incapable yet !!lo

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 10 Mar 2013 16:02

Having moaned about the post office and Mothers day in general yesterday, I have to add that today I received from our son a beautiful bouquet of flowers and a Mothers day card so feel better now. And daughter sent me a text. But other than that not doing anything as son is 2 hours away and daughter is down in Plymouth visiting her second son.

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 11 Mar 2013 06:08

Congratulations on your Anniversary Mau, I am sure you had a lovely day reminiscing.

Lizx

Mauatthecoast

Mauatthecoast Report 11 Mar 2013 11:01

Thanks Liz and hope your mother's day was good too
Mau x