General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Milk Tray

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

♥†۩ Carol   Paine ۩†♥

♥†۩ Carol Paine ۩†♥ Report 10 Mar 2013 17:40

I have a huge box sitting on the side beckoning to me :-D

Just got back from eating a lovely meal of Roast turkey & all the trimmings, followed by sticky toffee pudding. :-D

Should I move that big purple box into a cupboard out of temptation?

or open it & just have 1?

JustJohn

JustJohn Report 10 Mar 2013 17:44

Suggest you just have the nutty ones, and then put them away Carol :-D

Lot of nutrition and few calories in nuts.

Possibly then just have the milk chocolate ones and leave the others ;-)

AnnMarieG

AnnMarieG Report 10 Mar 2013 17:44

Open it and enjoy. Thats what chocs are for.lol. xxx :-)

JustGinnie

JustGinnie Report 10 Mar 2013 17:44

Just have 1 and pass the box around, a coffee cream for me please. :-)

Sharron

Sharron Report 10 Mar 2013 17:46

The one I was given for my birthday I traded with somebody who liked them.

She does make wonderful cakes.

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 10 Mar 2013 18:09

Open and enjoy Carol.

I have eaten way too many Lindor chocolates today.

Gwyn

**Ann**

**Ann** Report 10 Mar 2013 18:10

I have one also Carol and you just reminded me.....must eat!

DIZZI

DIZZI Report 10 Mar 2013 18:16

SAVE SOME FOR ME NEXT WEEK

StrayKitten

StrayKitten Report 10 Mar 2013 18:49

i think you should share :-D

Jean

Jean Report 10 Mar 2013 19:27

open them, and just eat 4 of them. 1 isnt enough. enjoy...

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 10 Mar 2013 20:31

Jealous!

Kay????

Kay???? Report 10 Mar 2013 21:09

Put them away and wait for a specia occasion..... ;-) :-D..

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 11 Mar 2013 05:42

I have a box of rose creams and a box of violet creams from Holland and Barrett, a Valentine's Day gift, and a box of Hotel Chocolat Rose and Violet creams from Christmas. Have eaten all the other Christmas chocs (After Eights and Thorntons Classic) Once I start on them I won't be able to stop so probably get through them in a couple of weeks or less, if I try and limit myself to one or two a day.

Trouble is I only have 11 weeks to lose some weight before my holiday and yesterday I had a carvery late lunch with my son, his gf and my o.h. and the Mums were given free desserts so a slice of Black Forest Gateau called me lol

I already put on a few pounds since Christmas so maybe the chocs will have to stay on the shelf till after June. Flipping heck, just remembered o.h. brought home a big tub of Celebrations that he won in a raffle at work at Christmas. As he is diabetic it's down to me to eat those too lol Just checked the use by date and it's two weeks before we go away and my Hotel Chocolat box says April 2013!

Wonder who will succumb first Carol, you or me lol

Enjoy!

Lizx

Claddagh

Claddagh Report 11 Mar 2013 16:08

You must be VERY strong willed Carol. If I had them sitting here, calling "eat me" all the time, I would probably have eaten them all in one go. Can anyone remember that lovey series Lark Rise to Candleford? The post mistress (can't recall her name, but she is a lovely actress) was always saying "ït's my one weakness", or such words. Well chocolate is ONE of my many weakenesses, but by far the worst. I can't stop myself once I have eaten one piece of choc.or one chocolate. Have stopped buying them, but up until some years back, I used to eat two whole bars of milk chocolate,both 200 grams, in one go....terrible. Am glad I don't have any choc at all on the house. So, am just saying you are a REAL heroin for not touching the milk trat chocs. Carol. Good luck!!!

Sharron

Sharron Report 11 Mar 2013 16:22

I don't even like chocolate very much,especially milk chocolate. We always have a basket of sweets for the carers and they are quite lucky to get a look in on the Haribos but the little chocolate bars are perfectly safe.

However,if I do have a piece of chocolate I usually have to have some more even though I am not particularly enjoying it.

ButtercupFields

ButtercupFields Report 11 Mar 2013 16:59

Whenever I am given a box of chocolates, I make my neighbour very happy. I eat as many as I can without feeling sick, and then post the remainder (in an envelope, of course!) to him :-D

Claddagh

Claddagh Report 11 Mar 2013 17:10

I wish I felt sick after eating so many chocs. but don't.more's the shame. I could eat a whole box of chocs. without feeling sick.. wish I did, it may stop me from eatiing more.!!! Good luck to those that can control their terrible 'urges' to gobble a lot of chocs. and other sweet things. xx

Trish Devon

Trish Devon Report 11 Mar 2013 17:46

Had to laugh at your thread Carol,
I'm in the same boat,just got rid of all the chocs from Christmas too.

Then I was thinking,now Spring will soon be here,then Summer,so no more chocs,
haha,thats what I thought.
I heard someone calling me,and today,just had to let the voice out of the box.
I had 5 of the little devils.

Think I might have to hurry up and eat them, rather than saving the little critters.
I'll never get into that swimsuit in the Summer else.

:-D :-D :-D :-D

GinN

GinN Report 11 Mar 2013 21:42

Thankfully, our Village Hall often needs donations for fundraising events, so I give away anything that might be too tempting. But, I draw the line at dark chocolate or maple brazils!

♥†۩ Carol   Paine ۩†♥

♥†۩ Carol Paine ۩†♥ Report 11 Mar 2013 21:52

We are going to a 'Posh' wedding in August, one where I will need to buy a hat. I would like to have gone down a couple of dress sizes by then. Will be too many people with camera's for me to do my vanishing trick :-D

But then it is cold & chocolate is warming.

Might just open them & eat a nut one ;-) Nuts are protein