General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Smart/Contract phones

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jan.

Jan. Report 10 Mar 2013 19:20

My phone at the moment is a pay as you go phone.(not a smart phone) I only top up approx £10 to £20 a time, which lasts me about 4 to 5 weeks on average. I'm thinking of getting a smart phone, and have been advised to get a contract phone, as smart phones eat the money up on pay as you go. I'm going to go into a phone shop tomorrow for advice, but wonder what is the average price people on here pay for a contract phone per month? I know there will be different prices but am trying to work out what the cheapest contract price would be.

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 10 Mar 2013 19:49

at present I have a nokia 6131 on o2 business first,(£11 -ish per month) and I only use about £4 of calls a month.........cheaper on payasyou go but at least I dont run out of credit, but I AM thinking of trying Pay as you go.....with a different phone..........

McB

McB Report 10 Mar 2013 20:14

I bought a nearly new unlocked samsung galaxy ace on ebay for £41 went into vodafone & got a sim only contract for 12 months & get unlimited landline & cross mobile calls unlimited texts & 1gb internet for £20.50 a month

Maureen

Maureen Report 10 Mar 2013 20:33

Try Tesco Phones site they have various phones on contract from 10.00 a month

Jan.

Jan. Report 10 Mar 2013 21:03

Thanks Bobtanian, McB and Maureen for your help. I've got some idea now for what to expect. Will look around the phone shops tomorrow.