General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

New Military Records

New military records

Was your ancestor a war hero?

View thousands of brand new military records, including Chelsea Pensioner records, Military Nurses, Prisoners of war and much more.

View military records today

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Smart/Contract phones

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jan.

Jan. Report 10 Mar 2013 19:20

My phone at the moment is a pay as you go phone.(not a smart phone) I only top up approx £10 to £20 a time, which lasts me about 4 to 5 weeks on average. I'm thinking of getting a smart phone, and have been advised to get a contract phone, as smart phones eat the money up on pay as you go. I'm going to go into a phone shop tomorrow for advice, but wonder what is the average price people on here pay for a contract phone per month? I know there will be different prices but am trying to work out what the cheapest contract price would be.

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 10 Mar 2013 19:49

at present I have a nokia 6131 on o2 business first,(£11 -ish per month) and I only use about £4 of calls a month.........cheaper on payasyou go but at least I dont run out of credit, but I AM thinking of trying Pay as you go.....with a different phone..........

McB

McB Report 10 Mar 2013 20:14

I bought a nearly new unlocked samsung galaxy ace on ebay for £41 went into vodafone & got a sim only contract for 12 months & get unlimited landline & cross mobile calls unlimited texts & 1gb internet for £20.50 a month

Maureen

Maureen Report 10 Mar 2013 20:33

Try Tesco Phones site they have various phones on contract from 10.00 a month

Jan.

Jan. Report 10 Mar 2013 21:03

Thanks Bobtanian, McB and Maureen for your help. I've got some idea now for what to expect. Will look around the phone shops tomorrow.