General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Electoral Rolls

Looking for living relatives?

Search our UK Electoral Rolls (2002-2013) and find your living relatives today.

Search Electoral Rolls

New electoral roll records

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Pope Frankie.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 25 May 2013 18:06

nope

Dermot

Dermot Report 25 May 2013 17:06

How's he doing now? Does anyone know?

Gins

Gins Report 15 Mar 2013 19:38

Pope 'Francis' seems to be a very 'humble man'

We shall see............he appears to 'walk the walk'

Joeva

Joeva Report 15 Mar 2013 19:31

Thanks Sharron :-)

I stand corrected and have edited my post as such, should have been Malvinas not Maldives as you so rightly said.

Must have a longing for a sunny beach! :-D

Jo

GeordiePride

GeordiePride Report 15 Mar 2013 19:28

I wonder if he will kiss our soil if he ever visits England.

I'm CofE

GP

Sharron

Sharron Report 15 Mar 2013 19:18

I think it is Malvinas. Jocky Wilson had a bit of bother at the time of the Falklands War because it was the name of his wife as I recall.

It is the Maldives that are planning to flog a fifteen year old for being raped.

Good ols world innit!

Joeva

Joeva Report 15 Mar 2013 19:04

Quite frankly (no pun intended ) as soon as I heard from which country he was from, I remembered his condemnation of the British as usurpers in the Falkland Isles, or, as he likes to call them the Malvinas.

I wonder what the soldiers who fought there and relatives of those that lost their lives think.

It must be a struggle if they are of the Catholic faith.

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 15 Mar 2013 18:56

nah - already started - suggestions of involvement with genocide and "lost children" in Argentina

Dermot

Dermot Report 15 Mar 2013 18:44

In our age of doubt & pluralism, I hope he is allowed a 'honeymoon period' to settle in.