General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

HARD MOUNTAIN LIFE

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

DIZZI

DIZZI Report 17 Mar 2013 21:18

SINCE MY FORCED RESTING HAVE NEVER WATCHED
SO MUCH TV,MOST DISCOVERY CHANNELS AND I CANT
BELIEVE THE LIVES SOME LEAD,FOR INSTANCE MOUNTAIN MEN
HUNTING IN THE SNOW AND TRYING TO EARN ENOUGH TO FEED THEIR FAMILIES,,,YES,,FAMILIES,THEY HAVE WIVES AND CHILDREN IN
REMOTE CABINS, GRIZZLY BEARS ATTACKING ANYTHING AND SOME OF
THESE WOMEN ARE COMPLETLEY ALONE FOR WEEKS AT A TIME WHILE HUSBAND KILLS FOR THE FUR TO SELL THE MEAT IS JUST FOR THEM TO SURVIVE,
AND WE COMPLAIN WHEN THE SHOP IS OUT OF STOCK

JustJohn

JustJohn Report 17 Mar 2013 21:36

Can be a bit like that in Iceland

GinN

GinN Report 17 Mar 2013 22:13

Just watched a programme on BBC2 about a Devon dairy farmer who went to live among cattle farmers in Northern Kenya to see how hard their life is compared to his own - really fascinating. He did have a sticky moment when they suggested he should be circumcised, offering to do it for him! :-D

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 17 Mar 2013 22:34

LOL Pull.........sharp knife , and Iodine!!

OUCH!

GinN

GinN Report 17 Mar 2013 22:38

Speaking from experience, Bob?

♥†۩ Carol   Paine ۩†♥

♥†۩ Carol Paine ۩†♥ Report 17 Mar 2013 22:38

I baked 24 muffins yesterday... only 6 left... do you think it could have been>>>>>> BEARS? ;-) :-D

DIZZI

DIZZI Report 17 Mar 2013 23:33

NO ME
THERE LOVELY

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 18 Mar 2013 06:59

I watch lots of those programmes, really fascinating seeing how others live. The Dairy farmer going to Kenya was good, I watched the taxi driver in Mumbai, he took his life in his hands driving there! I often wonder if the people leave them some money when they leave, a small amount that wouldn't mean much to a London taxi driver would mean the world to those people. He did get up a collection for them among fellow drivers when he got back and I think the farmer planned to do something to help his new 'family' as well.

Really we don't know we are born, do we, having clean water on tap when those people have to drink such disgusting stuff and live in appalling conditions in Mumbai.

I also discovered on Quest programmes called House in a Box which is interesting and the other night watched La Scavenger which again was quite good.

Lizx

JustJohn

JustJohn Report 18 Mar 2013 09:17

And there are lots of people complain that we are planning to spend 0.7% of our Gross Domestic Product on foreign aid. 7p in every £10 we earn. I think they are entitled to their opinion. Hmmmm!!!!!!