General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Re Just chicken, shot themselves in the foot

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

~flying doctor~

~flying doctor~ Report 21 Mar 2013 20:42

They asked for the bar code etc so I went and retrieved it from my dustbin this morning. Opposite the bar code in small print(very small) it states Chicken from Thailand and pork from the EU. I could hardly find the chicken let alone the PORK. If it is as it states Just Chicken where does the PORK come in. I suppose I should be grateful it wasn't Horse. ;-)

LollyWithSprinklez

LollyWithSprinklez Report 21 Mar 2013 21:03

But how would you know?

Just chicken indeed flippin cheek of them :-0

~flying doctor~

~flying doctor~ Report 21 Mar 2013 21:06

Nay lass nay spose I wouldn't. :-D

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 21 Mar 2013 22:42

Glad you found the wrapper

:-D

Very naughty incuding pork - and not advertising it - bit of a no-no if you're Jewish or Islam. If a sandwich is called chicken - chicken it should be :-|

ChrisofWessex

ChrisofWessex Report 21 Mar 2013 23:15

I'd go to Trading Standards.

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 22 Mar 2013 04:55

It's a minefield buying food these days, and if we read every label thoroughly would take forever to do a shop. The laws need tightening up and soon.

Lizxx

Elaine, love your cat, looks just like my late Chloe cat who adopted me. There were two similar ones looking for homes recently, called Holly and Berry, I so wished I could have cats here.

~flying doctor~

~flying doctor~ Report 22 Mar 2013 20:37

Liz. My grandson is besotted with them, except at 2 in the morning when mamma cat claws him to wake him up. I told him to get a spray bottle and give her a squirt of water, she'll soon get the message.
C of W I think I am going to send another email to them sayimg that had they not asked for the bar code I would never have seen it. I will then ask them why it was called Just Chicken.By the way Tesco is I believe a make up of two names one being Cohen?

McB

McB Report 22 Mar 2013 20:40

My understanding is if anything is packaged in Britain then it can be sold as british regardless where it came from.

~flying doctor~

~flying doctor~ Report 22 Mar 2013 20:54

That is not the point Mc B the fact that the sandwich was Just Chicken and had pork in it was the reason.

LollyWithSprinklez

LollyWithSprinklez Report 22 Mar 2013 21:00

Hi McB~~~~The problem wasn't the origins of the Chicken it was the fact there was little of it, and what there was also contained Pork when it was labelled as "Just Chicken" ......Sneaky Eh :-(

LollyWithSprinklez

LollyWithSprinklez Report 22 Mar 2013 21:02

Sorry ~flying doctor~ Slow typing!!

McB

McB Report 22 Mar 2013 21:14

I know i know, just saying .lol

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 22 Mar 2013 21:22

Just to add too the confusion I think the Thai word for chicken is or sounds like Pork, hubby speaks a bit of Thai, I will ask him when he is back. :-|

~flying doctor~

~flying doctor~ Report 22 Mar 2013 21:24

Oh dear McB for the days when we knew just what we were eating. I would usually have done a cooked dinner but was so hungry I just grabbed the sarnie my OH had brought in. I did follow it with spotted dick and custard made the day before, that was scrummy but not good for the figure. However it did chear me up.lol :-D

~flying doctor~

~flying doctor~ Report 22 Mar 2013 21:29

zZzzz I never thought of that, I could have asked the lady up the road, she is Thai. I have just sent an email to Tesco alerting them to the fact that their Just Chicken contains pork and the problems it could cause them. ;-)

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 23 Mar 2013 02:13

I forgot about your grandson getting the cat and then her kitten, so glad they are doing well despite the early morning calls.

You can just google Thai word for chicken and get the answer to your question.

Lizxx