General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

New Military Records

New military records

Was your ancestor a war hero?

View thousands of brand new military records, including Chelsea Pensioner records, Military Nurses, Prisoners of war and much more.

View military records today

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

RR'd

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

MrDaff

MrDaff Report 23 Mar 2013 22:38

Seems I got RR'd for using a dictionary term for someone of 'indeterminate parentage'. Hey Ho - i'll remember in future not to use any literate terminology in any posts. or if necessary use a fistful of ****'s instead.

However, the term was used in a, hmm, somewhat derogatory way ( :-D) so I'll accept that.

Next time, RR'r, kindly contact me first and discuss your concern - I may well have come to the same conclusion and therefore 'adjusted' the wording. That is, if you're brave enough.....

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 23 Mar 2013 22:40

Good luck Mr Daff

;-)

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 23 Mar 2013 22:41

I've reposted it for you Mr Daff - with a few ******

JustJohn

JustJohn Report 23 Mar 2013 22:46

Couldn't believe it, MrD. Poster must have really wanted to be offended to read such a long joke. What reviewer saw offensive I have no idea.

If it WAS that word, not only is that word in dictionary, it was used by St Paul in the New Testament. And I have recently used it in a church talk and absolutely nobody took offence.

Could be racist, I suppose. But so is me walking round going 30-3, 30-3, 30-3 all last week too.

Well done AnnC for reposting it. About time we ignored this Friday night reporter :-| :-|

SueMaid

SueMaid Report 23 Mar 2013 23:27

I didn't see the original but read AnnC's post. I didn't find it funny but then I didn't find it offensive but I'm not lacking in humour nor do I need to 'get a life' and 'get out more'. It just didn't appeal to my sense of humour. Surely we all differ as to what we find funny or offensive.

I agree with Mr Daff - why not just send a PM saying you find the post or certain words offensive. Much more pleasant way to deal with it.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 24 Mar 2013 00:43

As you say Mr Daff, it's in the dictionary!!!!

....afterthought - it's also used in genealogy.

Perhaps next time you should use the term 'base born' :-D

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 24 Mar 2013 01:26

Being "politically correct" takes the fun away

:-D

Honestly, don't people have a sense of humour???

SueMaid

SueMaid Report 24 Mar 2013 01:29

Didn't you read my post, Miss Scozz - people have different senses of humour. Doesn't mean someone is lacking humour if they don't get what someone else finds hilarious.

I can't stand Monty Python but my OH and youngest son finds it hilarious - I giggle over stuff that my OH stares blankly at.

*$parkling $andie*

*$parkling $andie* Report 24 Mar 2013 01:30

I just posted on Ann's thread reposting it ,and that threads been 'pulled' too .

'Thread does not exist !' :-|

SueMaid

SueMaid Report 24 Mar 2013 01:31

Not me, Sandie :-D As I said - I wasn't offended. It just didn't appeal to my sense of humour.

*$parkling $andie*

*$parkling $andie* Report 24 Mar 2013 02:24

Nor mine particulaly Sue ,just peeved the thread had disappeared after I'd posted !!

Hayley   Empress of Drama

Hayley Empress of Drama Report 24 Mar 2013 09:14

I have to agree with SueMaid just because some find some jokes hilarious and I don't doesnt mean I am boring or have no SOH or sadly neglected or live in a smelly 1 room bedsit, however I have before now PM the post and asked them to change the wording or if I do RR I will always say .....I have RR your post because .........

But as it 'appens I didnt see this one :-D

SueMaid

SueMaid Report 24 Mar 2013 09:31

But you do live in a smelly 1 room bedsit :-D :-D

Hayley Empress of Drama Report 24 Mar 2013 09:35

I wish I did at times Sue ......its no fun living in a 7 bedroom mansion when the cleaning lady and houseboy have gorne off on strike :-|

SueMaid

SueMaid Report 24 Mar 2013 09:39

I well understand that, Hayley - you just can't get good staff these days :-(

Hayley Empress of Drama Report 24 Mar 2013 09:49

Sadly I am even having to resort to doing myself what the hell did I have children for I ask yer :-(

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 24 Mar 2013 10:51

I deleted the thread as it seemed to be causing some unrest

ButtercupFields

ButtercupFields Report 24 Mar 2013 11:04

I didn't read either thread but then, and I say this with pride, I come from a long line of b*****ds so the word wouldn't offend me.

Suemaid and Hayley are right about our individual senses of humour. As soon as someone tells me 'you will really roar with laughter at this', I just know I wont find it funny. But that is apropos feck all.

Sends hugs and kisses to all B*****ds. :-D <3

Sharron

Sharron Report 24 Mar 2013 11:36

I was RR'd for putting "And they shot that cow." on the thread about Hutterites and could not understand why so I asked Genes to explain why.

Apparently somebody thought I had meant it in a nasty way (!?) BUT the apologized!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hayley Empress of Drama Report 24 Mar 2013 11:56

sorry I know I shouldnt but I am FLMAO @ Sharron awww I know how traumatised you are about the shooting of the poor cow :-D