General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

RR'd

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

MrDaff

MrDaff Report 23 Mar 2013 22:38

Seems I got RR'd for using a dictionary term for someone of 'indeterminate parentage'. Hey Ho - i'll remember in future not to use any literate terminology in any posts. or if necessary use a fistful of ****'s instead.

However, the term was used in a, hmm, somewhat derogatory way ( :-D) so I'll accept that.

Next time, RR'r, kindly contact me first and discuss your concern - I may well have come to the same conclusion and therefore 'adjusted' the wording. That is, if you're brave enough.....

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 23 Mar 2013 22:40

Good luck Mr Daff

;-)

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 23 Mar 2013 22:41

I've reposted it for you Mr Daff - with a few ******

JustJohn

JustJohn Report 23 Mar 2013 22:46

Couldn't believe it, MrD. Poster must have really wanted to be offended to read such a long joke. What reviewer saw offensive I have no idea.

If it WAS that word, not only is that word in dictionary, it was used by St Paul in the New Testament. And I have recently used it in a church talk and absolutely nobody took offence.

Could be racist, I suppose. But so is me walking round going 30-3, 30-3, 30-3 all last week too.

Well done AnnC for reposting it. About time we ignored this Friday night reporter :-| :-|

SueMaid

SueMaid Report 23 Mar 2013 23:27

I didn't see the original but read AnnC's post. I didn't find it funny but then I didn't find it offensive but I'm not lacking in humour nor do I need to 'get a life' and 'get out more'. It just didn't appeal to my sense of humour. Surely we all differ as to what we find funny or offensive.

I agree with Mr Daff - why not just send a PM saying you find the post or certain words offensive. Much more pleasant way to deal with it.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 24 Mar 2013 00:43

As you say Mr Daff, it's in the dictionary!!!!

....afterthought - it's also used in genealogy.

Perhaps next time you should use the term 'base born' :-D

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 24 Mar 2013 01:26

Being "politically correct" takes the fun away

:-D

Honestly, don't people have a sense of humour???

SueMaid

SueMaid Report 24 Mar 2013 01:29

Didn't you read my post, Miss Scozz - people have different senses of humour. Doesn't mean someone is lacking humour if they don't get what someone else finds hilarious.

I can't stand Monty Python but my OH and youngest son finds it hilarious - I giggle over stuff that my OH stares blankly at.

*$parkling $andie*

*$parkling $andie* Report 24 Mar 2013 01:30

I just posted on Ann's thread reposting it ,and that threads been 'pulled' too .

'Thread does not exist !' :-|

SueMaid

SueMaid Report 24 Mar 2013 01:31

Not me, Sandie :-D As I said - I wasn't offended. It just didn't appeal to my sense of humour.

*$parkling $andie*

*$parkling $andie* Report 24 Mar 2013 02:24

Nor mine particulaly Sue ,just peeved the thread had disappeared after I'd posted !!

Silly Sausage

Silly Sausage Report 24 Mar 2013 09:14

I have to agree with SueMaid just because some find some jokes hilarious and I don't doesnt mean I am boring or have no SOH or sadly neglected or live in a smelly 1 room bedsit, however I have before now PM the post and asked them to change the wording or if I do RR I will always say .....I have RR your post because .........

But as it 'appens I didnt see this one :-D

SueMaid

SueMaid Report 24 Mar 2013 09:31

But you do live in a smelly 1 room bedsit :-D :-D

Silly Sausage

Silly Sausage Report 24 Mar 2013 09:35

I wish I did at times Sue ......its no fun living in a 7 bedroom mansion when the cleaning lady and houseboy have gorne off on strike :-|

SueMaid

SueMaid Report 24 Mar 2013 09:39

I well understand that, Hayley - you just can't get good staff these days :-(

Silly Sausage

Silly Sausage Report 24 Mar 2013 09:49

Sadly I am even having to resort to doing myself what the hell did I have children for I ask yer :-(

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 24 Mar 2013 10:51

I deleted the thread as it seemed to be causing some unrest

ButtercupFields

ButtercupFields Report 24 Mar 2013 11:04

I didn't read either thread but then, and I say this with pride, I come from a long line of b*****ds so the word wouldn't offend me.

Suemaid and Hayley are right about our individual senses of humour. As soon as someone tells me 'you will really roar with laughter at this', I just know I wont find it funny. But that is apropos feck all.

Sends hugs and kisses to all B*****ds. :-D <3

Sharron

Sharron Report 24 Mar 2013 11:36

I was RR'd for putting "And they shot that cow." on the thread about Hutterites and could not understand why so I asked Genes to explain why.

Apparently somebody thought I had meant it in a nasty way (!?) BUT the apologized!!!!!!!!!!!!

Silly Sausage

Silly Sausage Report 24 Mar 2013 11:56

sorry I know I shouldnt but I am FLMAO @ Sharron awww I know how traumatised you are about the shooting of the poor cow :-D