General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Gift subscriptions

Genes Reunited gift subscription

Do you know someone interested in discovering their family history?

You can now buy a gift subscription to Genes Reunited so they can research their family tree.

Buy gift or redeem gift

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Charles Moss b. 1884 Norwood d. 1953 Brighton

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Janet

Janet Report 25 Mar 2013 22:23

I'm trying to find any of the 10 children that Charles Moss and his partner had. He lived in Brighton, Sussex. Died August 1953. If any of his children are still alive, my mother is their cousin. My mother doesn't know the surname of his partner but she understood from the rest of his family that he never married his partner. I'm writing my family history and have hit a block as far as he is concerned. If anyone our there has any information that would help me, I would be very grateful. Thanks.

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 25 Mar 2013 22:27

hello Janet - welcome to the boards

this would be best posted on Find Ancestors, or Find Living Relatives - when you do repost, delete this posting and give as much information as you can - dates of birth if poss, or likely year, and anything else you know about them

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 25 Mar 2013 22:28

Do you have his death certificate? If not then it might be worth getting to see who the informant was. They may be able to help you (if they are still alive). This is the reference to order the certificate from the GRO:-

Name: MOSS, Charles
Registration district: Brighton
County: Sussex
Year of registration: 1953
Quarter of registration: Jul-Aug-Sep
Age at death: 69
Volume no: 5H
Page no: 74

Kath. x