General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

DOH. I think I have asked before....

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 27 Mar 2013 11:27

But can anyone advise me as to which shop I can buy a good negative viewer from, the one we have is no good and I have hundreds more to look at, why o why do family give me all this kind of stuff I don't know. Anyway thanks and happy Easter to one and all. :-)

eRRolSheep

eRRolSheep Report 27 Mar 2013 11:29

Do you mean a light box?

DazedConfused

DazedConfused Report 27 Mar 2013 11:32

I would suggest you look at Amazon, then see what they cost. size etc. and then see if you can get one from any photographic shops.

Or even look to see if the manufacturers sell direct to the public

I know many people now do not want to buy from Amazon, but personally (apart from the tax!!!) they deliver on time and invariably are cheaper and you do not have to trawl around the shops for hours only to end up back at the first shop you went to!

:-D

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 27 Mar 2013 11:41

Errolsheep.
Not sure what it is exactly just that I have hundreds more negs and we need to see them properly before making them into photos.

Pigletspal
I would like to look at them make sure it is what I need and not any all singing and dancing thing. :-)

TheBlackKnight

TheBlackKnight Report 27 Mar 2013 12:07

Is this the kind of thing you are looking for ZZzzz

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/small-plastic-light-box-continuous-light-with-plug-working-condition-/190816637877?pt=UK_Photography_StudioEquipment_RL&hash=item2c6d8ed3b5

or this one might be better

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/5x4-Light-Box-Petite-ULB-100-/160982540275?pt=UK_Photography_StudioEquipment_RL&hash=item257b4e9ff3

eRRolSheep

eRRolSheep Report 27 Mar 2013 12:10

I lightbox is simply a box with an opaque screen and a bulb inside. You put the negative on the screen so you can view it. Alternatively, you can get a negative scanner.