General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

The British Newspaper Archive

British Newspaper Archive

Read about historical events at the time they were happening. Perhaps you'll discover your ancestor in their local newspaper?

Start searching

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Theresa May has lost another Abu Qatada Appeal

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

OneFootInTheGrave

OneFootInTheGrave Report 27 Mar 2013 11:39

The Home Secretary Theresa May has lost her appeal to overturn a decision to allow radical cleric Abu Qatada to stay in the UK

Lord Dyson, the Master of the Rolls, sitting with Lord Justice Richards and Lord Justice Elias at the Court of Appeal in London, have announced that Abu Qatada can remain in the UK.

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 27 Mar 2013 12:04

disgraceful - why is he getting benefits - and massive ones at that - if he canlt be deported to Jordan, then deport him to where he comes from - just get rid

GeordiePride

GeordiePride Report 27 Mar 2013 12:16

Are these Judges living in the same world as you and I. This is an absolute disgrace and the ruling should be overturned by public demand.

GP

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 27 Mar 2013 12:31

Let's hope the powers that be can find him a home next door to one of those judges.

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 27 Mar 2013 13:01

in the words of a previous Monarch..........(and a bit of licence)

can no one rid me(us) of this troublesome priest?

AnnMarieG

AnnMarieG Report 27 Mar 2013 13:06

words fail me. :-(

GinN

GinN Report 27 Mar 2013 14:09

Just shows how out of touch these so called judges are with reality.

Muffyxx

Muffyxx Report 27 Mar 2013 14:11

How do the French manage to deport these people so easily ?

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 27 Mar 2013 14:26

Disgraceful

ChrisofWessex

ChrisofWessex Report 27 Mar 2013 14:28

What about the safety of the British people being at risk?

LilyL

LilyL Report 27 Mar 2013 14:29

Clearly this person's well being is FAR more important than the welfare and safety of the people of this country!!! (NOT). These judges just begger belief, and
as someone said maybe arrangements can be made for him to live next door to one of them, particularly as his benefits seem to to be a bottomless pit, that shouldn't be too difficult!! Why we don't just put him on an aeroplane to the appropriate country and be done with it is beyond me.

lilybids

lilybids Report 27 Mar 2013 14:29

We seem to be a dumping ground for all sorts of not very nice people :-(

Dermot

Dermot Report 27 Mar 2013 14:30

The human rights court is vital to guard against the growth of lynch-mob justice. But, if pressed, I'd make the odd exception to this rule!

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 27 Mar 2013 14:43

David Cameron could have formed a minority government and gone back to the country for a better mandate after a year or two. Harold Wilson did this in 1964. Or he could have just toughed it out as Callaghan did in the 70s.

Instead brave Dave opted for a coalition as he was frit that the LibDems would keep voting the Tories down and make him look an arsehole.

Now he has his coalition and the LibDems vote him down / block the govt they are supposed to be part of at every step anyway. So for all the pain Dave is now known as national plonker no.1.

Don't blame the judges their remit is to apply the law which they have done. Ms Theresa May has not got the first idea as to what due process is nor does she care.

The Govt could easily get rid of all the terrorist illegals simply by binning or amending the absurd Human Rights Act. However Dave and Tessa can't do that 'cos of the "coalition" ( see above ).

I would like to see all of these people gone as I strongly believe that it is my human right to go about my business in London without the stress and worry of being blown to bits in the tube or on a bus.

Cry the beloved country.

terryj

terryj Report 27 Mar 2013 14:54

just deport him and let him sue us if he ever sees daylight again

or we could just assist jorden in their kidnapping of him as the israelies did with german war criminals they wanted

Porkie_Pie

Porkie_Pie Report 27 Mar 2013 15:21

We have the SAS

use them and get rid

As for the French or our American cousins, shoot first and ask questions later policy is far more attractive under the circumstances

Roy

George

George Report 27 Mar 2013 17:51

The trouble is the government in Britain doesn't have the balls.

George. :-| :-| :-|

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 27 Mar 2013 18:20

Britain ;did have balls once and then came the EU :-(

George

George Report 27 Mar 2013 18:25

Don't you mean the human rights mob.

InspectorGreenPen

InspectorGreenPen Report 27 Mar 2013 18:30

Much of this so called 'Human Rights' stuff came from Cheri Blair, champion of human rights, persuading Tony to get it through parliament.

As Rollo has said, remove the parts of the act that allow criminals to hide behind the law.