General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

I am wondering

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

RockyMountainShy

RockyMountainShy Report 27 Mar 2013 22:32

We have been friends with Lynda for 60+ years (not me personnely) :-D 2 years ago we lost contact with her. According to the BT phone book she is still living at home. But I was wondering how often that website is updated, 'cause if it is anything like ours, which still has my ex-bother-in-law living with my sister, (he hasn't lived there for at least 3 years) not very often.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 27 Mar 2013 22:46

Hi RMS. How's you?

The paper version is re-issued every year, so possibly about the same?

Of course, there is no guarentee that she hasn't moved in the meantime. You could check to see if her property has been sold recently on http://www.zoopla.co.uk/, or search the address on the internet in case it is listed on-line with an Estate Agent.

It would be worth writing to her any way, and if it's returned, try writing to a neighbouring address in the hope that they know where she is.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 28 Mar 2013 00:53

Electoral role may be more up to date.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 28 Mar 2013 00:57

True, even though the ER is normal dated for residents sometime in October (2012 in this instance)

As we are assuming that Linda is roughly the same age as your parents. Well, anything or nothing could have happened in the meantime