General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Annoying television adverts

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

VIVinHERTS

VIVinHERTS Report 28 Mar 2013 17:10

Which tv advert annoys you the most? I absolutely detest the Cuprinol crying shed one. The advert is so stupid and the crying noise irritating.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 28 Mar 2013 17:15

Yes I agree, that one is awful. Also hate the furniture one (is it SFS?) where that young lady is shrieking at us all through the advert, her voice gets on my nerves.

Hello Viv how are you?

vera2010

vera2010 Report 28 Mar 2013 17:23

That Cuprinol one is creepy. Also not keen on the Malteser ads.

Vera

GinN

GinN Report 28 Mar 2013 17:24

For me, it's a toss up between Go Compare and Safestyle Windows.

"A said, yer buy one, yer get one free!" :-P

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 28 Mar 2013 17:27

Oh I haven't seen that one in a while Geordie, the buy one get one free one. Because both those you have mentioned I dislike.

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 28 Mar 2013 17:36

Virgin catch up TV strips out all the ads so nothing to get annoyed about :-)

I am not aware of anything on ITV etc so compelling as to make enduring 5 minutes of annoyances every 15 minutes bearable.

Take this evening for instance Emmerdale v yet another Frost repeat is hardly going to have people bouncing up and down on the sofa with excitement. I suppose watching Ms May's US counterparts at work throwing out wetbacks might be entertaining for some ( Ms May for instance ).

Earlier on we can find out how broke we are in "Breadline Britain" ( an expose of food stamps ? ) though breadline Cyprus or Greece where they have the real deal might be more challenging.

If you will want to watch ads and have a larf go here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pmno3TQtiwM

'Emma'

'Emma' Report 28 Mar 2013 17:41

For me it's the Coors beer advert, would so
like to slap that fella and keep waiting for him
to freeze over. :-|

Emma

Annx

Annx Report 28 Mar 2013 17:43

Go Compare and anything with Meercats in. :-(

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 28 Mar 2013 19:14

Go Compare - hate - love the meercats

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 28 Mar 2013 19:32

All the bingo ads.

Kense

Kense Report 28 Mar 2013 19:43

Wonga,
Injury Lawyers forYou,
Credit Expert,
Virtually all trailers for forthcoming programmes (except Doctor Who).

VIVinHERTS

VIVinHERTS Report 28 Mar 2013 22:13

I'm in agreement with you all in your choices of annoying adverts. :-)

VIVinHERTS

VIVinHERTS Report 28 Mar 2013 22:15

I don't like the one with the dancing pony either.

TessAkaBridgetTheFidget

TessAkaBridgetTheFidget Report 28 Mar 2013 22:37

I agree that the cupinal one is really creepy.
I wish that it would disappear.

Jean

Jean Report 28 Mar 2013 23:10

Whoever thought up the cuprinol advert must be nutcase, I hate it. :-|

eRRolSheep

eRRolSheep Report 28 Mar 2013 23:46

aha but it works because you have all remembered the advert and what it was for - that is how advertising works

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 29 Mar 2013 09:26

But Errol it won't nevessarily make me buy the product. If everyone in SFS is like that female nothing will make me buy from them. Cuprinol, well we buy that anyway so can't say but it might put people off. :-(

VIVinHERTS

VIVinHERTS Report 29 Mar 2013 09:32

I can't even remember what the dancing pony was advertising and the only memorable thing was the song!

OneFootInTheGrave

OneFootInTheGrave Report 29 Mar 2013 09:33

I get really annoyed with the number of adverts for these quick loans and pay day loans, every other advert I see on television these days is for one of these companies, even when you go out you cannot get away from them as many of our high streets are being taken over by loan shops :-|

Guinevere

Guinevere Report 29 Mar 2013 09:43

I think it's the Wonga one that Nicholas Parsons is in. He should be ashamed of himself associating with a company that exploits people who can't get loans any other way.