General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

New Military Records

New military records

Was your ancestor a war hero?

View thousands of brand new military records, including Chelsea Pensioner records, Military Nurses, Prisoners of war and much more.

View military records today

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Where in the world are you looking in from.......

Page 2 + 1 of 4

1. «
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

OllietheOwl

OllietheOwl Report 31 Mar 2013 23:13

I live in the "Golden Triangle" Cheshire. small village, beautiful surroundings and Runway 2 of the airport on our doorstep !!

AnotherCanuck

AnotherCanuck Report 31 Mar 2013 23:01

A very interesting topic, thanks Lynda.

I live in a small community within a not so over populated region of Northern British Columbia Canada....Completely surrounded by beautiful snow capped mountains, which are part of our Coastal Range. This afternoon, they look even more beautiful with the bright sunny weather we are enjoying. Temp at this time +15 & expected higher temp by late afternoon.

A/Canuck

Wend

Wend Report 31 Mar 2013 22:44

What about the outside dunny then PP - do you have internet access there?

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 31 Mar 2013 22:44

I love Cyprus Pat, stayed in Limassol once, all the other times in Ayia Napa which I absolutely love - I know it's got an iffy reputation but I just love the place

Porkie_Pie

Porkie_Pie Report 31 Mar 2013 22:35

I'm looking in from several places but not all at the time, My home is very close to a 12th-century castle on one side and looking out over a valley on the other in south Yorkshire, But i also post from a beautiful place called Hopital Camfrout in Brittany, Ive posted from other countries as and when Internet access allows

Roy

Allan

Allan Report 31 Mar 2013 22:35

lol Hayley, it must be Cloud Cuckoo Land :-D :-D

Hayley   Empress of Drama

Hayley Empress of Drama Report 31 Mar 2013 22:28

Today Lynda I live on a luuuvely fluffy cloud and a big clue to where this cloud is ....the motorway has clobble stones ..still :-D :-D :-D :-D

PatinCyprus

PatinCyprus Report 31 Mar 2013 22:24

I live in a village near Limassol, Cyprus. From my bedroom I see an orange grove,houses, a castle, church and (about 5 km away) I see the Med. :-)

Allan

Allan Report 31 Mar 2013 22:24

'Sigh'

!5 minutes Sue? It takes me at least 90 minutes to be in delightful Margaret River, or 10 to the Ferguson Valley (the next Marfaret River) :-P

JustGinnie

JustGinnie Report 31 Mar 2013 22:22

I live about a 25mins bus ride from a large midland city, on a very busy main road. No lovely views :-( but I'm near family and friends and I am happy so can't wish for more :-D

SueMaid

SueMaid Report 31 Mar 2013 22:20

I live 2 hours from Sydney in a suburb of a small city. It is on a narrow coastal strip so we have the beauty of the ocean and the mountains. Although we live in a built up area we have the bushland behind our house and within 15 minutes we can be out in the countryside, at the beach or up the mountains.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 31 Mar 2013 22:20

In a village but more of a suburb these days, between two small towns. Near the Cotswolds and the Forest Of Dean.

JustJohn

JustJohn Report 31 Mar 2013 22:15

:-D :-D @ Wend

It is in a picturesque village called Perthcelyn :-D

Allan

Allan Report 31 Mar 2013 22:10

Also in Oz but West Oz, in a small townsite called Australind. We are 160 kms south of Perth and are within a couple of kilometres of the Indian Ocean coast, which we can see from our house. The following link to the Australind Family History Society site gives a bit of the history and description of the area for those interested

http://members.iinet.net.au/~alindfhs/

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 31 Mar 2013 21:48

Im in a small town in far north New South Wales, Australia.

We have a view of the Pacific Ocean......... the whales should be migrating north soon :-D

Wend

Wend Report 31 Mar 2013 21:40

I've often wondered where you live John ;-) :-D

Sharron, that's where my granny used to live :-D

JustJohn

JustJohn Report 31 Mar 2013 21:36

Where Tec lives sounds absolutely stunning. Just the most beautiful part of Britain.

I live 2 hours west of London and it is nearly as beautiful. Lovely river valleys separated by moorland and fabulous mountain roads. With views of Bristol Channel to the south and the start of the Brecon Beacons about 10 miles north :-D

It is in Wales. :-)

Sharron

Sharron Report 31 Mar 2013 21:33

I live on Pagham Harbour on the south coast.

Guinevere

Guinevere Report 31 Mar 2013 21:33

Semi rural in Warwickshire. Between a small town and a large city.

I overlook fields and can see horses and stables up the hill across the brook at the bottom of the fields.

Down the lane is the church where I was married, my son was christened and where my parents are buried.

Over the road is the school where my father taught where there are flowering cherry trees. There are also blossom trees in the verge all the way down the lane to the church.

MR_MAGOO

MR_MAGOO Report 31 Mar 2013 21:22

Town in East Anglia 1hr from London.