General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Electoral Rolls

Looking for living relatives?

Search our UK Electoral Rolls (2002-2013) and find your living relatives today.

Search Electoral Rolls

New electoral roll records

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Who do you think you are ?

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

GHeather

GHeather Report 1 Apr 2013 17:36

What famous person would you like to see appear on the programme: 'Who do you think you are ?'

Muffyxx

Muffyxx Report 1 Apr 2013 17:37

Professor Brian Cox........I'm nothing if not predictabble ;-) <3

KittytheLearnerCook

KittytheLearnerCook Report 1 Apr 2013 17:47

Anyone with an ancestor called Thomas Parsons born in Cork in 1818....................that would demolish my brick wall :-D :-D :-D :-

Failing that Brian May would be good :-D

supercrutch

supercrutch Report 1 Apr 2013 17:51

Muffy cos you drool over him does not make him a good candidate....lolol

Apart from me of course, as I would quite like to have someone break down my patronymic Jones wall, maybe Omid Djalili simply to find where he got his sense of humour from :-D

Rambling Rose

Rambling Rose Report 1 Apr 2013 17:53

Charles Keating, actor USA ( well he's fairly famous there) just because he's my cousin lol and it wouldn't half help if someone could find his grandads birth details for me or his gt gt grandparent's.

Maybe Ant or Dec or both lol. Ian McKellen?

Susan10146857

Susan10146857 Report 1 Apr 2013 20:34

It's a shame they don't do dead actresses lines. I have Audrey Hepburn in my tree and would love for them to go way back to our Shaftoe Great Greats just to clear up a few points

Mersey

Mersey Report 1 Apr 2013 20:58

Michael Buble *Sighs* <3

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 1 Apr 2013 20:59

chubby brown and his vasey side ;-)

it would save me months of work :-D

JustJohn

JustJohn Report 1 Apr 2013 21:02

Obviously Prof Brian Cox as well. And perhaps Santi Cazorla, the footballer.

But looking at Susan Wiv's Shaftoes and Rose's thread today about brick walls, WDYTYA could have some fun with us Genes members with our more obscure dead ends.

Wend

Wend Report 1 Apr 2013 21:02

Jo Brand - I think she could be an 'eye opener'.

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 1 Apr 2013 21:10

Stephen Hawking

eRRolSheep

eRRolSheep Report 1 Apr 2013 21:12

Paul Gadd

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 1 Apr 2013 21:15

Errol Gary Glitter
bork bork

one of the last people i would wanna see on there :-(

JustJohn

JustJohn Report 1 Apr 2013 21:18

Errol. Not funny. Not clever :-( :-(

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 1 Apr 2013 21:19

i agree John :-( :-(

eRRolSheep

eRRolSheep Report 1 Apr 2013 21:21

was not trying to be clever in the slightest - I would love to see family history done into people like that - look at the socio implications, nature and nurture and all that - fascinating.
People love watching programmes about people such as Sweeney Todd so why not look at more recent heinous people?

~Lynda~

~Lynda~ Report 1 Apr 2013 21:23

Nobody famous, just someone who has worked hard on there tree for years, but has a brickwall. I think they are the sort of people who are worthy of help, Celebs can afford to hire someone to do there tree if they really wanted to.

JustJohn

JustJohn Report 1 Apr 2013 21:26

Dead stars would be interesting to research.

I have Arthur Askey on my tree who might be a bit boring (Liverpool clerk, basically).
But Dorothy Squires, Oscar Wilde (was he really married with 2 children?), Marie Lloyd, Lord Liverpool would be interesting to me. Also Audrey Hepburn, Grace Kelly, Cary Grant, Errol Flynn.............

Rambling Rose

Rambling Rose Report 1 Apr 2013 21:26

I understand your reasoning Errol, but WDYTYA is a 'middle of the road' programme and not the place for an investigation in nature and nurture of someone like that.

It would, for one thing, be grossly unfair to any relatives living ( or dead come to that) who had no role in his life or those who did but cannot be held culpable for his crimes or his predilictions.

Rambling Rose

Rambling Rose Report 1 Apr 2013 21:30

John, tell me that is a rhetorical question please, re Wilde?

You might find this interesting
http://histclo.com/bio/w/wilde/bw-kids.html