General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

sleepovers????

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Dawnieher3headaches

Dawnieher3headaches Report 3 Apr 2013 21:43

arghhhhhhh agreed that tiddler could have her friend stay tongiht thought as her friend usually went ot bed at 8.30 this would mean Tiddler would follow suit, how wrong was I true to form they are still awake vowed last time she had one wouldnt have any more as the other friend and her were terrible.

I cant remember having sleepovers at there age

d x

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 3 Apr 2013 22:49

Dawnie
That sounds about right for any sleepovers that I've heard about....ie. not much sleep and late to settle, but unless you have something really important tomorrow just 'go with the flow' and as long as they are safe and the noise level is not too bad, just grin and bear it and they will think you are an ace Mum

No.. we never had sleepovers at that age.

Like you I have vowed 'Never again', when ours were young but it's a passing phase.
Worst / best sleepover here was many years ago when German exchange students were staying locally hosted by fellow schoolgirls'families. I ended up with 6 English and 6 German teenagers sleeping in our living room, all snuggled up in their sleeping bags.
Other than insisting the doors / exits were kept clear incase of fire I just let them get on with it until they helped themselves to buffet style breakfast and disappeared off home / to their host family.

Hope you get some sleep though..

Gwyn

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 4 Apr 2013 00:45

Worst sleepover I ever had occured when my daughters were in their teens.
It was the first week in July - 'Hat Fair' week in Winchester.
They'd been allowed out (together) to see the bands in the evening.
The following morning, I'd woken up, and as usual my first thought was 'wee & tea'.
Perhaps I should explain that my bathroom is downstairs, between the living room & kitchen - you have to cross the living room to get to it. I usually rush to the kitchen turn the kettle on and go to the bathroom.

Got out of bed, threw dressing gown on (I sleep naked) and rushed downstairs - door to living room was closed - strange - it's usually left open for the cats.

Opened the door, only to be confronted by a living room floor covered in filled sleeping bags :-S
The odd head popped up 'Morning Mrs T' etc. I deduced most of the sleeping bags were filled with male 'youff'.
What to do.
I had to rush upstairs (by now the bladder was expecting to be relieved) rummage in a few drawers to find, at least some pyjama trousers, dragged them on, flew downstairs and had to carefuly pick my way between sleeping bags, being careful not to crush any vital organs of the inhabitants.
Went to loo, made cup of tea, and slunk back upstairs.

2 hours later, the floor had cleared a little.
Younger daughter appeared from bedroom 'we didn't disturb you last night did we? Just that, by the time the band had finished most of the buses had stopped running. You know most of them from school'.
(this would be the school where I worked)

OMG - that was even worse!

Well, no, they hadn't disturbed me last night.
Slightly inconvenient this mornng!!!

Dawnieher3headaches

Dawnieher3headaches Report 4 Apr 2013 12:28

well tiddler appeared at the siding e of me at 3am say shes snoring I cant sleep so crawled in with me, she went back a little later, they were up for 8am giggling etc. Just taken her home and now to get bags pac ked ready for night away with tiddler and legoland tomorrow, dog and laddo being packed off to sisters and eldest coming to sort out cat.

Mum and dad have had a living room full of us girls when I was at college the boys slept in my room and we had lounge . I must be a mad mum cos Ive had Lissy with a room full of girls before and they even left their underwear in the beds so washed it for them, Laddo only had one friend from up road stay but they werent ever too bad its just tiddler goes hyper and stupid last night had a picture broken, toy horse broken and a globe puzzle broken up lol.
Steve has been in this morning and put the bed down and hoovered I have him well trained lol