General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Electoral Rolls

Looking for living relatives?

Search our UK Electoral Rolls (2002-2013) and find your living relatives today.

Search Electoral Rolls

New electoral roll records

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

I try to be nice lol

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

ChAoTicintheNewYear

ChAoTicintheNewYear Report 4 Apr 2013 12:03

Eeyore, trust me the parents won't be any more happier about the kids crying than you. Sleep deprivation is a form of torture and only in parenthood does it seem to be part of the job :-(

Rose, I'm with Vera. If you do decide to use the 'snap' route remember that if she does take offense at least you'll get a bit of peace and quiet for a while :-D

Rambling Rose

Rambling Rose Report 4 Apr 2013 11:58

No it's just the back bedroom light Ann, so not going to be a very bright one. My neighbour has a motion sensor one outside which comes on when the trees at the back are blowing in the wind...but it doesn't bother me.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 4 Apr 2013 11:55

Aah, is it a security light? Probably the wind has affected it if so, so tell the wind to drop!!!

Rambling Rose

Rambling Rose Report 4 Apr 2013 11:54

lol Vera, I wonder if a song had come on that your dog didn't like :-D my friend's dog used to 'sing' when certain songs came on the radio, she too left it on while she went out, as company for the dog .

vera2010

vera2010 Report 4 Apr 2013 11:50

Just smile and rise above it Rose. Or snap and be miserable whichever takes your fancy.

The last time I left the radio on for company for the dog not as a deterrent, he p**d on it and blew the fuse.

Vera

Rambling Rose

Rambling Rose Report 4 Apr 2013 11:44

Ann I am not going up to the Wirral just to break in and turn off that light lol :-D nor to tell the sun to come up later ( wakes the person too early) or go down sooner ( being light in the evening means she can't concentrate on tv.). Poor woman I do try to be sympathetic but sometimes my pot of soothing words has run dry lol.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 4 Apr 2013 10:57

I also leave my lights on a timer when I am away, and also the radio is on a timer. My neighbours do the same. Nobody has complained (or probably even noticed.).

Did they expect you to form a posse and go round to switch the light off rose :-D

Muffyxx

Muffyxx Report 4 Apr 2013 10:00

I have never thought to try being nice, but I do come from a long line of cantankerous old gits.

Wot Sharon said :-D

Eeyore13

Eeyore13 Report 3 Apr 2013 23:52

They sure did :-(

MR_MAGOO

MR_MAGOO Report 3 Apr 2013 23:47

Hope they put their clocks forward last Saturday ?...... :-D

Now you've stretched the thread... :-S

Eeyore13

Eeyore13 Report 3 Apr 2013 23:40

@Mr Magoo...my dogs bark between the hours of 7am to 11pm & not so regularily you can set a clock by them!! :-|

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa,whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa,whaaaaaaaaaaaaa,
whaaaaaaaaaa
grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

EDIT-shrunked it lol

Hayley   Empress of Drama

Hayley Empress of Drama Report 3 Apr 2013 23:25

He does get a bit narked :-D :-D

MR_MAGOO

MR_MAGOO Report 3 Apr 2013 23:24

Bet Grumpy is fed up of you waking him up Hayley..... ;-)

Hayley   Empress of Drama

Hayley Empress of Drama Report 3 Apr 2013 23:21

I often wake up Grumpy and soemtimes for a change I wake up Happy ;-)

Sharron

Sharron Report 3 Apr 2013 23:19

A friend rang me last night specifically to tell me about his piles.

Oh, I was pleased to be told the detail!

I wouldn't mind but I am not even sympathetic.

Rambling Rose

Rambling Rose Report 3 Apr 2013 23:13

I went out with a very cheerful 'rise and shine' type once, but I was young then and in love lol, if I was still with him and he was like that now I would probably whack him :-D

edit OOOH Coffee cake Eeyore! Good idea!

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 3 Apr 2013 23:11

some of Sylvia's brownies off Corrie will do nicely thank you - I find the older I get that no longer do I suffer fools gladly - people used to walk all over me - [enough about my cow of a mother in law] but now I fight back

MR_MAGOO

MR_MAGOO Report 3 Apr 2013 23:11

Having coffee & bourbon biccys right now Eeyore.... :-D

MR_MAGOO

MR_MAGOO Report 3 Apr 2013 23:11

Wonders if your neighbours moan when your dogs bark Eeyore ?

Eeyore13

Eeyore13 Report 3 Apr 2013 23:09

Coffee Cake :-D