General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

New Military Records

New military records

Was your ancestor a war hero?

View thousands of brand new military records, including Chelsea Pensioner records, Military Nurses, Prisoners of war and much more.

View military records today

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Bookplate inside my book...

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

GHeather

GHeather Report 4 Apr 2013 14:34

I picked up a book from my local bookshop that sells new/second hand books, which I still have in my bookcase. It's called: "Julius Caesar, by John Buchan", quite an old hardback book. Inside is a bookplate with a picture, of a Castle, could be the Tower of London ? Also a river, probably the Thames. With the name of a person called: Francis & Cicely Phillips. I'm curious to know who this person could be ? Anyone with any information, please let me know, thanks.

eRRolSheep

eRRolSheep Report 4 Apr 2013 14:55

If you look online there are a number of booksellers selling a book about Napoleon (in French) with the same ex libris plate.
Might be worth getting in touch to see if anything is known?
Try this one...

http://www.abebooks.co.uk/L%C2%92AV%C3%88NEMENT-BONAPARTE-Gen%C3%A8se-Consulat-Brumaire-Constitution/7820878100/bd

GHeather

GHeather Report 4 Apr 2013 14:58

Thanks ErrolSheep, Anyone else with info, please reply. :-)

Lyndi

Lyndi Report 4 Apr 2013 15:24

Check out Picton Castle and see if that's the one in the picture. There are pictures of it on Ancestry attached to a Francis Phillips.

GHeather

GHeather Report 5 Apr 2013 17:43

Ok thanks Lyndi.