General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Electoral Rolls

Looking for living relatives?

Search our UK Electoral Rolls (2002-2013) and find your living relatives today.

Search Electoral Rolls

New electoral roll records

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Have you ever been told you look like a celebrity?

Page 1 + 1 of 3

1. «
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Allan

Allan Report 4 Apr 2013 23:09

I have been told that I bear more than a passing resemblance to Frankenstein's Monster :-(

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 4 Apr 2013 23:24

well if that's your grandfather, I can see where the resemblance lies :-D

GlasgowLass

GlasgowLass Report 4 Apr 2013 23:28

Not me, but in the 80's and 90's my father in law was the image of Jock Ewing in Dallas ... Howard Keel

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 4 Apr 2013 23:29

my in-laws resembled the Beverley Hillbillies

Allan

Allan Report 4 Apr 2013 23:32

That was done on one of his good days, Ann. He'd had the bolt specially removed.

That bolt has been in our family for generations, literally :-D

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 4 Apr 2013 23:36

family heirloom then :-D

Allan

Allan Report 4 Apr 2013 23:38

More a neckloom :-D

Porkie_Pie

Porkie_Pie Report 5 Apr 2013 00:07

In my Army days mates said I looked like John Noakes, they used to take the p*ss with his catchphrase

Roy

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 5 Apr 2013 00:24

Once took my girls to an Anne Frank Exhibition.
Youngest (aged about 5) asked why there was a picture of me as a child on the wall :-S

Duncan

Duncan Report 5 Apr 2013 04:29

I don't know how to spell it, but when I was younger and hairier I was called Chewbacca out of Star Wars!

Duncan

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 5 Apr 2013 04:56

I was told I looked like Nana Mouskouri by passport control and other people mentioned it too, that was in the days before I put on weight and my hair went grey lol

Lizx

Guinevere

Guinevere Report 5 Apr 2013 06:33

A long time ago the kids I was teaching thought I looked like Ruth - one of the dancers in Pan's People.

OH admitted many years after we were married that he fancied me because I looked like Cher - now I look like the picture she keeps in her attic.

JustJohn

JustJohn Report 5 Apr 2013 09:55

We had a similar thread recently and one poster said she resembled Koo Stark when she was younger. That image has stayed with me - Koo still looks a gorgeous woman is recent photos.

I look totally different to when I was 25. Hope I change again in extreme old age to resemble someone nice looking like Cliff (or even Koo, for that matter) ;-)

GinN

GinN Report 5 Apr 2013 10:22

John, on your prevous avatar, I thought you looked like HRH Prince Philip - unless, of course, that WAS him! ;-)

Paula+

Paula+ Report 5 Apr 2013 10:41

GiN I have asked John that before.......... :-D :-D

Claddagh

Claddagh Report 5 Apr 2013 11:23

Many moons ago when I was 14-15, I was told I looked like Adam Faith...hmmm.Lol

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 5 Apr 2013 11:28

When I was much younger someone said I looked like jolly hockey sticks Joyce Grenfell

Wasn't amused

~`*`Jude`*`~

~`*`Jude`*`~ Report 5 Apr 2013 11:43

Deirdre in Corrie.....LOL LOL :-0...that was when l had a curly permed hair doo and me glasses were similar...how embarassing :-0 :-0
Nora Batty me too now;-)

jude

Greenfingers

Greenfingers Report 5 Apr 2013 19:22

Not me, but my husband is always being mistaken for Sean Connery (My OH is younger), but he hates it....just wish we had his money !!!!!!!!!!!

GinN

GinN Report 5 Apr 2013 19:26

Form an orderly queue to meet Greenfinger's husband........... ;-)