General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

The British Newspaper Archive

British Newspaper Archive

Read about historical events at the time they were happening. Perhaps you'll discover your ancestor in their local newspaper?

Start searching

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

This is my nightlife

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sharron

Sharron Report 6 Apr 2013 01:23

It is twent past one and I have been asleep.

Now I am not asleep, I am waiting for the on-call nurse to ring me back. Half an hour ago Fred shouted to tell me his catheter had fallen out.

I think I am going to go outside and eat worms.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 6 Apr 2013 01:34

You need to smoke, Sharron, then studying the night life in the garden seems normal.
I haven't been asleep yet - I know I can sleep in, in the morning.
Am going up soon, though

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 6 Apr 2013 01:35

thought I would have a good night's sleep tonight - not so :-(

Sharron

Sharron Report 6 Apr 2013 01:39

I will be able to watch on-call nurses tonight I hope.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 6 Apr 2013 01:41

Let's hope they're on the ball and are ready to go!!

Sharron

Sharron Report 6 Apr 2013 01:43

He will certainly be ready to go!

Sharron

Sharron Report 6 Apr 2013 10:28

So we have spent the night waiting for the telephone to ring and are both exhausted and it rang at ten. The community nurse had receiced the message at a quarter to.

AnnMarieG

AnnMarieG Report 6 Apr 2013 10:31

Thats terrible Sharron, surely if they are 'on call' nurses they should be with you quickly.Hope you manage some rest today. :-( <3 <3

Sharron

Sharron Report 6 Apr 2013 10:39

There are not many on call and there are far greater emergencies than a catheter falling out.

Paula+

Paula+ Report 6 Apr 2013 13:59

I hope you managed to get a bit of a lie-in Sharron :-D

Merlin

Merlin Report 6 Apr 2013 14:05

Bet that night reminded you of (The Owl and the Lussycat went to Sea in a Beautiful PEE green boat.) :-D :-D :-D go and have a brandy and a good kip,