General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

ONE FOR THE LADIES THAT SEW

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Julia

Julia Report 7 Apr 2013 10:22

I made a visit to the Scandanavian Warehouse yesterday with my daughters, (not my choice). and looked in their fabric section, so thought I would pass this info. on.
Looking in their fabric section though, I did notice that most of their fabrics were in large prints, because they really are for larger projects like curtains and bedspreads, they did sell Linen.
Though it was £8. per metre, it was 60 inches wide, and they sell their fabrics in 10 cm. lengths, unlike Dunelm, who sell in 1/2 metre lengths, hence the reason IKEA do not have "remnant bins". Please forgive my using both measurements, as I have never really converted.LOL
I was quite happy to have found somewhere that sold Linen, after an exhaustive search, and in the light beige that I wanted for my forthcoming projects.
Hope this will be of interest to somebody.
Have a good day everybody

Julia in Derbyshire

SheilaSomerset

SheilaSomerset Report 7 Apr 2013 10:46

A friend told me ages ago that the blue Scandinavian place was good for materials, I must have a proper look next time I go! It's just such a pain of a journey from here :-(

Julia

Julia Report 7 Apr 2013 14:19

Sorry I have taken a while to get back, Sheila, busy working in the greenhouse.
Well, we have a direct bus service to nearby our nearerst IKEA, but it is such a trek from where I actually live, to the bus stop. However, I was lucky, the daughters took me by car.
Remember though, these fabrics are not really clothes fabrics, more curtains and bedspreads, though you could make skirts or trousers out of the Linen, I bought.

Julia in Derbyshire

Julia

Julia Report 8 Apr 2013 12:06

nudged for those who MAY be interested, but where not about during the weekend.

Julia in Derbyshire