General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

The British Newspaper Archive

British Newspaper Archive

Read about historical events at the time they were happening. Perhaps you'll discover your ancestor in their local newspaper?

Start searching

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Do you like cocoa?

Page 2 + 1 of 5

1. «
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Mersey

Mersey Report 9 Apr 2013 23:24

:-D :-D @ Allan

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 9 Apr 2013 23:26

I only use cocoa to make chocolate cakes - you have to pour boiling water on it though before you mix it in

Mersey

Mersey Report 9 Apr 2013 23:28

Is that too make sure there is no lumps in it AnnC *Genuine question*

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 9 Apr 2013 23:30

no - it is to "cook" it - when you make a sponge you get a tablespoonful of cocoa and pour enough hot water on it to make it into a sludgy paste and mix in with the other ingredients - makes a lovely chocolate sponge I always do an "all in one" sponge - you can add any flavouring - lemon zest wth lemon juice, orange the same, or coconut, or coffee

Mersey

Mersey Report 9 Apr 2013 23:36

Thanks AnnC I just put the cocoa powder in seived will try it that way :-D :-D

LollyWithSprinklez

LollyWithSprinklez Report 9 Apr 2013 23:39

Ann...make my little cakes the same way- coffee my favourite ,again dissolve the coffee first if you cant get Camp coffee,

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 9 Apr 2013 23:40

exactly!!

Eeyore13

Eeyore13 Report 9 Apr 2013 23:40

Coffee...coffee...or coffee :-)

cocoa has that 'orrid residue in the bottom ...yucky

Allan

Allan Report 9 Apr 2013 23:42

Can you use a phrase like 'Camp Coffee' on these Boards now that they appear to be moderated by the PC Brigade ;-) :-D

eRRolSheep

eRRolSheep Report 9 Apr 2013 23:42

Eeyore it's the horrid taste it leaves in the mouth too

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 9 Apr 2013 23:45

Camp Coffee is OK Allan - it's Vaseline that must not be mentioned or the Gay Gordons

Eeyore13

Eeyore13 Report 9 Apr 2013 23:47

yep Errol so true,I used to like Horlicks but thats a bit heavy, however my coffee "habit" apparently is what causes my sleep problems :-(

I bought some coffee called Rocket Fuel...my brain was very,very awake for hours lol :-0

eRRolSheep

eRRolSheep Report 9 Apr 2013 23:47

lmao Ann - very witty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

eRRolSheep

eRRolSheep Report 9 Apr 2013 23:49

I think for a time Horlicks took over from cocoa but its popularity never lasted because there was plenty more popular things around that didn't leave such a bad taste

Eeyore13

Eeyore13 Report 9 Apr 2013 23:50

like malt whiskey :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

eRRolSheep

eRRolSheep Report 9 Apr 2013 23:55

Malt whisky is certainly a good idea and a far better replacement for cocoa any day or night in my book - as long as it is a good one

Island

Island Report 9 Apr 2013 23:55

I quite like ouzo :-D

Mersey

Mersey Report 9 Apr 2013 23:57

with a straw Island....but it don't half hurt in the morning!! :-0 :-0

Eeyore13

Eeyore13 Report 9 Apr 2013 23:59

Ah those were the days but like you say Errol a good malt. I liked Paddy sooooo smooooth :-)

Allan

Allan Report 10 Apr 2013 00:05

I also enjoy a decent malt, but I also like port particularly if it is old and mellow.

I really enjoy it when the weather is wet and windy outside

In fact I like any old port in a storm :-)