General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

At last - something to smile about

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 10 Apr 2013 11:59

Spring will bloom next week as the cold snap that is winter's last blast moves away, according to forecasters.

Temperatures will reach up to 20C in parts of the south and east and will get up to double figures across all of Britain after one of the coldest recorded Marches in history.

People in the north of England and Scotland may have felt as if the cold spell would never end however as many parts spent another day covered in snow.

Temperatures in northern areas continued at an unseasonably low of between 4C (39.2F) and 7C (44.6F) throughout the day and into tomorrow.

But forecasters have revealed there is much better weather on the way for the whole country, with temperatures after Sunday expected to leap.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 10 Apr 2013 12:19

Let us hope fervently that they are right this time and not just getting our hopes up. I think we are all fed up with this weather and many of us want to get out into the garden which is way behind. Let's hope the cold will soon be a thing of the past.

'Emma'

'Emma' Report 10 Apr 2013 12:21

AnnC gonna hold you to that :-D

Emma :-)

PollyinBrum

PollyinBrum Report 10 Apr 2013 12:35

I hope so Ann, the sun is shining here at the moment. I am fed up of having to dress like an Eskimo. Hope all is well with you and yours <3 <3

Rambling

Rambling Report 10 Apr 2013 12:36

I've just been outside and it is much warmer :-)

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 10 Apr 2013 12:39

Yes it is warmer here too, just back from the garden centre with compost for the baskets and tubs.

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 10 Apr 2013 14:28

:-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

'Emma'

'Emma' Report 11 Apr 2013 12:23

Ann you were right its warmer here today :-D :-D

Emma :-)

Julia

Julia Report 11 Apr 2013 12:46

Tis warmer here, the last few days, and we do not have the Arctic wind anymore.
But we do not have any sunshine. Boo Hoo.

Julia in Derbyshire
Keeping everything
crossed for sun

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 11 Apr 2013 12:51

Hurrah!

Actually, its solved a problem. We've been requested not to wear black to a funeral on Monday. My winter wardrobe revolves around black.

It's supposed to be dry, sunny spells and 14c, so lighter weight, brighter clothes can be the order of the day :-D

Merlin

Merlin Report 11 Apr 2013 13:20

Just got back from Eastbourne,nice and sunny had a lovely Icecream. :-D :-D

Island

Island Report 11 Apr 2013 13:30

Overcast and light rain forecast for the foreseeable :-(

Oh well, at least that icy NE wind has abated - of that I am extremely grateful :-D

Merlin! guess what I've got! :-D :-D :-D

Mersey

Mersey Report 11 Apr 2013 13:38

The Sun aint got his hat on here, but im hoping by Saturday it will be :-D :-D :-D

BarneyKent

BarneyKent Report 11 Apr 2013 13:39

What a pity the warm weather has arrived too late for the daffodils. In our town there is a grassy bank about quarter mile long and its usually full of the lovely yellow flowers. This year only 30% of them bloomed, the rest are either blind or stunted.
Whatever happened to "global warming".

Merlin

Merlin Report 11 Apr 2013 13:40

Is it an Iced Beetroot with a Crew Cut ?? :-D :-D :-D ;-) Other than that I dare,nt comment. :-D :-D

Island

Island Report 11 Apr 2013 13:43

A shed Merlin! Me own shed :-D :-D in a garden with house attached of course :-D

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 11 Apr 2013 13:52

Harold the tortoise finally came out of his house yesterday and went walk about on the patio and spent the night behind a big flower pot.

This is the latest he have ever surfaced after hibernation. He did wake up in early March but was too sleepy still to even turn around in his house and checking on him he went back to sleep. We were worried cos when that happens they don't re hibernate and their organs start working and they can die . Was very wary about checking on him again as no sounds were coming form his house but a quick look on Tuesday found him awake but sluggish but at least he had made it again. We need some warm weather now so he starts eating

He is over 50 years old

Merlin

Merlin Report 11 Apr 2013 13:54

Ah, but have you got it wired up with electric and power points? with room for a Bar and a chair for relaxation? Carpet it and its an away day with out going anywhere. :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D ;-) <3

Island

Island Report 11 Apr 2013 14:28

Merlin, I've got the carpet installed, I'm on a promise for a leccie link and have bagsied a comfy chair :-D :-D If the weather forecast comes true I've got my first weekend away booked ;-) :-D :-D