General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

ding dong the witch is dead

Page 0 + 1 of 4

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

terryj

terryj Report 10 Apr 2013 16:13

i see the record is selling on download like hot cakes

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/news/ding-dong-the-witch-is-dead-could-reach-number-one-following-margaret-thatchers-death-8566042.html

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 10 Apr 2013 16:16

didn't like her but think it's a bit sick

~`*`Jude`*`~

~`*`Jude`*`~ Report 10 Apr 2013 16:17

l find that quite funny:)

jude

Muffyxx

Muffyxx Report 10 Apr 2013 16:22

Personally I find it faintly distasteful but fools and their money are easily parted :-D I'm sure Lady T would be wryly amused by it...somebody striking out and making a few bob was right up her street.

VIVinHERTS

VIVinHERTS Report 10 Apr 2013 17:10

I find it very distasteful like the celebrations of her death.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 10 Apr 2013 17:20

I am sure Margaret Thatcher would be most amused at it all. When she learnt that the unions were selling party packs ready to use to celebrate her death, one of her friends has said that she thought that was great, it meant that she was still remembered after 20 years so she had made an impact on politics.

And the record company will be pleased as they will benefit too. good job these people have money to spend on such things.

Lyndi

Lyndi Report 10 Apr 2013 17:33

Says a lot about the mindset of those who are buying.

Muffyxx

Muffyxx Report 10 Apr 2013 17:33

I think so too Lyndi x

LilyL

LilyL Report 10 Apr 2013 17:35

I just think it's horrible.

Suzanne

Suzanne Report 10 Apr 2013 17:48

:-0 :-0 :-0

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 10 Apr 2013 17:55

I'm very annoyed :-| :-|

My children were going to play that at MY funeral.
It's been arranged for over 20 years.

terryj

terryj Report 10 Apr 2013 17:56

terrible bad taste
elvis costello stamp the dirt down is a much better record

edited wrong artist billy braggs was a different one

Kay????

Kay???? Report 10 Apr 2013 18:08

Thats nothing to what Elton John wrote about her on one of his records along with many others,,,,

Dermot

Dermot Report 10 Apr 2013 18:15

We should never use pejorative words about any deceased person.

Robert

Robert Report 10 Apr 2013 18:18

Not very pleasant comments,terry, and completely unnecessary.

Suzanne

Suzanne Report 10 Apr 2013 18:32

i wonder if you would find it quite so funny Terryj if people spoke like you about one of your own family members :-|

StrayKitten

StrayKitten Report 10 Apr 2013 18:46

i have a black sense of humour, but even i find this very distastefull,

some people should be ashamed of themselves, :-|

terryj

terryj Report 10 Apr 2013 19:23

whats unpleasant about preffering elvis constello to the wizard of oz

Muffyxx

Muffyxx Report 10 Apr 2013 19:35

Nothing at all Terry...but that wasn't really the point of your thread hon was it ? lol

JustJohn

JustJohn Report 10 Apr 2013 19:55

Paul Murphy (Secretary of State for Northern Ireland a few years ago) stayed in constituency of Torfaen today.

On the radio he demolished the so-called achievements of Mrs T. He said she did the right thing in the Falklands, but otherwise she was a 13 year disaster. The poll tax was the death knell, but many other things too. She just had this fixed idea about how the country should be run and would not listen to advice. And the worst thing was that she pushed John Major into her job once she had to go - and, nice man that he was, he was not in the same league as Michael Hesletine and Kenneth Clark.

Great claims are made that she was a mother. She has had a most strained relationship with her daughter, who is by far the brighter of her twins and a very nice woman. And she has idolised her son, who got lost in the middle of the Sahara 30 years ago in a rally, trying to locate his gear stick. Got involved in all sorts of shady business deals. And he narrowly escaped the death sentence for war crimes in Central Africa, is currently on a long suspended prison sentence and has lived as far away from his mother as possible most of his life.

Not the right sort of people for the Queen to have to mix with next Wednesday, I would have thought.