General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Electoral Rolls

Looking for living relatives?

Search our UK Electoral Rolls (2002-2013) and find your living relatives today.

Search Electoral Rolls

New electoral roll records

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

If you had to choose one TV programme

Page 1 + 1 of 2

1. «
  2. 1
  3. 2
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Muffyxx

Muffyxx Report 10 Apr 2013 20:09

Iol which one was he then Guinevere?

Guinevere

Guinevere Report 10 Apr 2013 20:08

The Young Ones was a very accurate documentary based on my OH and his house mates when he was at UCL, Muffy.

Rambling Rose

Rambling Rose Report 10 Apr 2013 20:08

Quite right Gwynne, I was going to put something else and then got waylaid, I shall amend!

Muffyxx

Muffyxx Report 10 Apr 2013 20:06

I'm trying to think of programmes i watched when I was a teenager and other than Only Fools and Horses..I can only think of Top Of The Pops and The Young Ones off the top of my head.........I'm sure I must've watched less trashy programmes.....or maybe not !!!! :-S

Guinevere

Guinevere Report 10 Apr 2013 20:04

Cathy Come Home was a play, Rose. It made me cry.

That Was the Week That Was is one I remember that got me thinking about the world.

Monty Python I loved because it poked fun at daft "institutions".

Susan10146857

Susan10146857 Report 10 Apr 2013 20:03

I think Grange Hill was a bad influence on children. It seemed to be a turning point of the behaviour of school children.

Rambling Rose

Rambling Rose Report 10 Apr 2013 19:13

that you feel has had an influence on you during your life, what would it be?

For example.... when I was a teenager I watched 'The World at War', one episode on the Holocaust ( interviews with survivors) made a lasting impression.

But it could be a documentary or play ( say 'Cathy come home'), or a soap that has dealt with an issue that reflected something in your own life, perhaps which made you view a subject differently. Or a news report on injustice of some sort. Even a comedy series that made you think life was worth living still at a bad time.

(and yes I am trying to think of something to post to keep me away from commenting on the politically charged Mrs T thread lolol ) ;-) but also because Dan was asking me what I watched when I was his age :-D and we were talking about 'The Family' being really the forerunner of 'reality' tv.