General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Yesterday was World Parkinson's Day!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Cynthia

Cynthia Report 11 Apr 2013 11:27

Thinking of all those who suffer from this debilitating disease and the work being done to find a cure.

My husband was diagnosed with the condition 6 years ago.

Cx

Barbra

Barbra Report 11 Apr 2013 11:36

Hello C I was a carer in the community .& had a lady & gentle man to look after both had Parkinsons .they were lovely people .I feel for anyone who is suffering .Hope your oh is alright just now Take care Barbra x

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 11 Apr 2013 12:12

Thinking of those with this awful disease, especially as we have our own lovely Dizzi with it too. <3

JustJean

JustJean Report 11 Apr 2013 13:17

Sending love and prayers to all who suffer this awful illness, especially my close friend M who recently lost her O.H who was her carer,

much love and prayers to everyone who struggles with this sickness...

love Jean xx

Linda

Linda Report 11 Apr 2013 16:38

I've got two cousins that suffer with it and one of them his wife is also suffering from it, love and prayers to everyone who has this illness <3 <3

DIZZI

DIZZI Report 11 Apr 2013 16:54

AFTER MY RESENT STAY IN HOSPITAL ,LIFE COULD BE MADE EASIER IF HOSPITAL STAFF IN THE WARDS HAD A LITTLE KNOWLEDGE OF PD,I FOUND SOME MEMBERS OF STAFF VERY HARD TO EXPLIAN THINGS,,

MY LOVE TO ANYONE WHO HAS FRIENDS OR RELITIVES WITH PD,,,,ITS NOT NICE AT ALL..

Elizabethofseasons

Elizabethofseasons Report 11 Apr 2013 23:13

Dear All

Hello

I am in awe of the courage shown by people who have this illness and
their loved ones, who support and care for them.

I totally agree with you Dear Dizzi, staff should be trained properly to deal with Parkinsons and indeed, with all other illnesses/disabilities.

The way patients are treated in some hospitals now is in complete contrast
to the treatment of people when I was training as a young auxillary.

I have to say the changes have not been for the better.

Take gentle care all
Lots of good wishes to all who have posted
EOS
xx

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 12 Apr 2013 00:55

Have PM'd you Dizzi.
Agree with everyone. There is a local lady, Joy, who has PD.
Twice a week she gets on the bus (and god help any bus driver who moves off before she's sat down) to go to a charity shop to help out.
The bus is always a little late on 'Joy' days - but who cares?
That's why I love where I live.

Cynthia

Cynthia Report 12 Apr 2013 08:02

Some lovely thoughts posted. Thank you. <3

I find myself caught betwixt Autism and Parkinson's, both of which bring not only their own trials and tribulations but also, an insight into how others cope when living with a disability. Seeing what some have to go through and the bravery shown, inspires me greatly. :-)