General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

what is cross scripting

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

KittytheLearnerCook

KittytheLearnerCook Report 12 Apr 2013 11:10

I am on Windows 7 and every time I come onto this site a pop up says Internet Explorer has modified the page to prevent cross scripting.

It is slightly irritating but after googling I still don't understand what it is :-S

eRRolSheep

eRRolSheep Report 12 Apr 2013 11:27

It's when someone writes something on here in an angry manner lol

No seriously, cross site scripting or XSS is a way of hacking using things like javascript, Flash etc in web pages.
It can be used to steal data.
Internet Explorer 8 and above can block perceived malicious scripts from running so it is a security feature.
You can enable or disable the XSS filter if you wish.

KittytheLearnerCook

KittytheLearnerCook Report 12 Apr 2013 11:47

Oh thank you Errol..............I think I will just put up with it then. First time I saw it I though it said cross-stitching!!

I am not PC educated :-D <3

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 12 Apr 2013 11:55

I would have gone for nasty letters :-D :-D