General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Electoral Rolls

Looking for living relatives?

Search our UK Electoral Rolls (2002-2013) and find your living relatives today.

Search Electoral Rolls

New electoral roll records

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

How many people would fall for this????

Page 1 + 1 of 2

1. «
  2. 1
  3. 2
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

~`*`Jude`*`~

~`*`Jude`*`~ Report 15 Apr 2013 12:19

Hello Robert:)...it does say its a sample....but the implication is l have won,and thats what innocent people will see first and foremost. There was something on TV recently about a ladies mum, did'nt see it all, but the mums house was full of letters of similar contents and l gather the mother had believed them!!!!!!
l did'nt believe it for one minute:))

Its still a scam.

l'm in the middle of an email now and l will send something similar to a newspaper:))

jude

Elizabeth2469049

Elizabeth2469049 Report 15 Apr 2013 12:16

I must say I saw quite easily and quickly the comment quoted by Robert!

Robert

Robert Report 15 Apr 2013 12:12

It also says "this is not a letter saying you have won. It is just a sample of the letter you would receive if you win" - or words to that effect.

If something looks too good to be true, it usually is.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 15 Apr 2013 12:01

Disgusting for a reputable firm to send out letters like that. I would say in your letter to them that you are forwarding the letter to the National Press.

~`*`Jude`*`~

~`*`Jude`*`~ Report 15 Apr 2013 11:30

Hello Jean...really, what did you think of it??

~`*`Jude`*`~

~`*`Jude`*`~ Report 15 Apr 2013 11:29

It will have to be an email and letter, as the phone number is an 0871.... :-P

jude

Jean

Jean Report 15 Apr 2013 11:29

I got one of those this morning.

~`*`Jude`*`~

~`*`Jude`*`~ Report 15 Apr 2013 11:25

Yes from Damart :-0

Island

Island Report 15 Apr 2013 11:21

From Damart????? :-0

~`*`Jude`*`~

~`*`Jude`*`~ Report 15 Apr 2013 11:17

just received a letter from DAMART!!!! with "Your time sensitive documents enclosed" printed back and front of envelope!! Inside it tells me ""Please take a deep breath because you may feel a little light-headed when l tell you........Congratulations Mrs H you have scooped £51,000 as the winner in our prize Draws Tax Free!!"

It also says:

"Mrs H,l now have great pleasure in requesting your company to present you with your cheques totalling £51,000. l look forward to handing over the prize money to you at the venue we ave agreed upon!

What aload of crap....but sadly how many people would fall for this.
This is a company l have dealt with once for someone else, but l keep getting post and emails, l have asked them to stop emails and they will get a rude letter or email or phone call, phone call might be better from me regarding this rubbish!!

PLEASE IF ANYONE ELSE GETS ONE OF THESE LETTERS DON'T FALL FOR IT.......in the small print it says " your name has been selected to be eligible for a life-changing financial opportunity"...

Such a con!!

jude....... :-P :-P :-P..to DAMART