General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Any one deal with GRO IRE?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 15 Apr 2013 18:59

How long has the fee for a cert been 20 euros?

last time we sent for one it was only 10 Euros.
we sent 20 for two certs, and they claimed they didnt get the application........
so that 20 went down the pan......into someones pocket, methinks
Bob

InspectorGreenPen

InspectorGreenPen Report 15 Apr 2013 19:10

Photo copy is 4 Euros. I order on-line and pay by credit card.

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 15 Apr 2013 19:31

didnt know you could do that,

how does that work then?please

InspectorGreenPen

InspectorGreenPen Report 16 Apr 2013 07:23

They introduced on-line ordering a couple of years back.

http://www.groireland.ie/

click on apply for cert on the left, and halfway down the page you will see Apply For Certs On-line

However, I must correct my earlier post as you can only order full certs for births and marriages 1922 onwards, 1924 onwards for deaths, on-line. I thought I had used it for certified copies for deaths around 1900-1910 too but I must have been mistaken.

Apparently the price for full certificates was hiked from €10 to €20 back in January although you can still get certified copies for €4, but only when you order by post