General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Gift subscriptions

Genes Reunited gift subscription

Do you know someone interested in discovering their family history?

You can now buy a gift subscription to Genes Reunited so they can research their family tree.

Buy gift or redeem gift

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Memoirs

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Roy

Roy Report 17 Apr 2013 08:28

Hi all
It is fairly easy to find names, dates and places about people on a family tree, but not much detail about the people thermselves. Therefore I have written my personal memoirs for my grandchildren. I don't claim to have an exceptional story to tell but it has been an interesting exercise and I recommend it to everyone, both for themselves and their descendants.

GlasgowLass

GlasgowLass Report 17 Apr 2013 09:43

I think that's a wonderful idea Roy.
My MIL died in Jun of last year and although it's far too soon to delve in, she was a woman who had kept a diary since chilhood
She was 88yrs old when she died, and there are more than 70yrs worth of diary entry just waiting to be read.
One day, when the time feels right, I will start reading them.
Another rellie has also kept a diary all her life. She is 95yrs old, still living and still writes her entries daily!

In the years to come, both sets of diaries will be invaluable to the family.