General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

New Military Records

New military records

Was your ancestor a war hero?

View thousands of brand new military records, including Chelsea Pensioner records, Military Nurses, Prisoners of war and much more.

View military records today

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Pet Hates.

Page 0 + 1 of 3

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Dermot

Dermot Report 19 Apr 2013 18:29

What makes your hackles rise?

Smart people & stupid ones too.

Those who use long words when short ones would do just as well.

Lack of basic manners.

People like me who moan constantly.

And those who add silly threads on here - as I have just done.

ChrisofWessex

ChrisofWessex Report 19 Apr 2013 18:34

I loathe all of these equally - lies, hypocrisy and being blamed for something I am innocent of.

Paula+

Paula+ Report 19 Apr 2013 18:43

All of the above :-D

Plus I am certainly not happy when someone says I have said something when I have not, and conversely I am extremely unhappy when someone says I did not tell them something when I did. :-D :-D :-D :-D

Barbinsglos

Barbinsglos Report 19 Apr 2013 18:48

Paula, you have just described to a T, the conversations between me and my other half :-D :-D

Kay????

Kay???? Report 19 Apr 2013 18:49

Someone who contradicts when I know I'm correct by being in the midst of what it is.

also when people have to lament,they just cant give a straight opinion without including ......I.

KittytheLearnerCook

KittytheLearnerCook Report 19 Apr 2013 18:59

Labels put on individuals.

Hoodies aren't all bad, some are self conscious about their looks, others are plain shy.

Old people aren't all senile or sweet or grumpy, they are babies who grew through childhood and adulthood into the latter years of their lives, as we all might do one day.

Children with autism aren't all the same, one child with autism is like no other child on the same spectrum.

Single mums on benefits aren't all too lazy to work and living off the taxpayer, most fully intended to be part of a couple, but circumstances mean they are left alone with the child or children. Some work really hard to keep a roof over their heads and others desperately want to get out of the benefit system.

Homelessness has many causes, not everyone on the streets is a drug addict or an alcolholic. Some are there through absolutely no fault of their own and need a helping hand.

Before judging and labeliing, maybe we should all try to look past the obvious and see the human being underneath :-)

Paula+

Paula+ Report 19 Apr 2013 19:07

@ Barbie <3 <3 <3

GeordiePride

GeordiePride Report 19 Apr 2013 19:11

Being interupted when I haven't completed what I have to say.

GP

Jane

Jane Report 19 Apr 2013 19:21

Hawking and Spitting it out on the pavements!!!!!!..That certainly gets my hackles up Dermot .Many other things but that will do for now .

Barbinsglos

Barbinsglos Report 19 Apr 2013 19:21

I hate even thinking about phoning the Utility Companys or Bank.

I hate the lack of customer service these days.

I hate having to remember all the user names pins and codes to join the 21st century. :-S :-S

Hope all good with you Paula :-D

ButtercupFields

ButtercupFields Report 19 Apr 2013 19:25

Today's pet hate is....the man who was having a loud row going down our street and came very close to punching his girlfriend....

My other pet hate is....the girlfriend who accepted his behaviour

martynsue

martynsue Report 19 Apr 2013 19:31

i hate the way people never seem to take responsability for there action's,it alway's seem's to be someone elses fault.in my day you took your punishment without complaint for your action's.

Brenda from Wales

Brenda from Wales Report 19 Apr 2013 19:32

I hate when tradesmen say they'll come at a certain time and they let you down without a phone call.
And...I hate being late myself for an appointment...rather be too early.

I hate all these automated phone calls that seem to get through when you have supposedly put a stop to them.

And all the ones already mentioned!

PricklyHolly

PricklyHolly Report 19 Apr 2013 20:03

"Hate" is such a strong word.

A word that is often used carelessly.

It is a word that i try to avoid...........if i possibly can.

Barbinsglos

Barbinsglos Report 19 Apr 2013 20:32

Yes Hate is a strong word but I do hate the things I wrote about.

I never use the word to describe places, food or unpleasant people and can honestly say in all my years never met anyone that I have hated.

Mayfield

Mayfield Report 19 Apr 2013 20:46

Broccoli and most of all parsnips that hide on your plate pretending to be roast potatoes until you bite into them Uggggggg! :-|

Mayfield
definitely not a vegetarian

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 19 Apr 2013 20:46

The blame culture, if I have said or done something wrong I always own up, I cannot see the point in blaming someone else, if someone blames me when it isn't my fault oh boy do they know I'm mad at them.

Annx

Annx Report 19 Apr 2013 20:49

People who walk through a shop doorway, or drive up a car park ramp and stop dead, regardless of anyone behind them.

Staff who seem incapable of uttering the word 'sorry.'

People who steal others' thunder.

People who are quick to judge.

People who expect everything to come to them without doing anything.

Parents who swear at and speak in a dreadful, disrespectful way to their children, deliberately upsetting them.

Dermot

Dermot Report 19 Apr 2013 20:56

I hate liberalism in any form, red cards included. I hate big words & small words, despite the fact that they are relatively cheap. I hate income tax, the cost of living & the cost of dying.

And I abhor being monolingual & not able to speak fluently in another language to impress my in-laws!.

Kay????

Kay???? Report 19 Apr 2013 21:16

And I dislike being told what I must be feeling ,saying,or I must respect because of.