General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Electoral Rolls

Looking for living relatives?

Search our UK Electoral Rolls (2002-2013) and find your living relatives today.

Search Electoral Rolls

New electoral roll records

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Pet Hates.

Page 0 + 1 of 3

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Mayfield

Mayfield Report 21 Apr 2013 19:07

Hi Gins,
Strangely I’ve run it through Google translator a couple of times in the past and each time it comes up with a slightly different wording, I guess its just the way it works, often there are several words that are interchangeable.

A bit like those user instructions obviously written for items made in China and translated to English.

My new cooker hood told me that if I wanted to fit the optional carbon filter I should “Demand of your supplier the part” and I thought they were famed for their politeness!

Mayfield :-D

Gins

Gins Report 21 Apr 2013 17:42

I Googled Mayfield

'May he be a man on account of his character'

I was tought Latin in the early years of Catholic school.....forgot most of it

GeordiePride

GeordiePride Report 21 Apr 2013 17:20

My know-all neighbour is called JOHN. Enough said.

GP

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 21 Apr 2013 17:09

mine's like Victor Meldrew - he's one man neighbourhood watch - he watches everything - couldn't stand anyone parking outside his front - or opposite, and this is a very wide road - always having a go at people reckoning they were making it awkward for him to gt his car out - about two years ago I had had enough of his parking antics so I sent him a letter pointing out that he didn't own the road and to stop harassing us and anyone who visited us - I didn't sign it as I didn't want a confrontation or to fall out with anyone, but he made a big mistake and assumed it came from my lovely next door neighbour and sent him an illiterate and puzzling response - so I told him it was me and he should apologise to my neighbour - also said that if he chose not to speak to me in the future it was his choice - and joy and rapture - he chose not to speak to me - life is bliss now!!! Now only one neighbour speaks to him and we really are a friendly supportive community

Paula+

Paula+ Report 21 Apr 2013 16:56

AnnC. I know a man just like your neighbour, he is a world expert on a absolutely everything. He is a bore and has no friends, I feel so sorry for his long suffering wife. I don't hate it him but he is not likable person.

:-D

Mayfield

Mayfield Report 21 Apr 2013 16:55

Manners maketh the man.
My old School motto, the only Latin us oiks in Secondary school ever got taught!

Gins

Gins Report 21 Apr 2013 16:51

Mayfield :-D

What does Moribus facit homo please?

Mayfield

Mayfield Report 21 Apr 2013 16:31

Count your blessings Gins, at least we have the good manners to put the seat up and don't spray it! Moribus facit homo

Mayfield ;-)

Gins

Gins Report 21 Apr 2013 16:27

Men who leave the loo seat up......not my OH this time, I'd slam it down on his #@#@ if he did!

My brother...comes here and switches every light on in the house (He's a spark)

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 21 Apr 2013 16:20

a trivial one........

Someone who makes himself a sandwich & cuppa........ and leaves the dishes & cutlery in the sink............... can't find the time to put them in the dishwasher!!!

And he's probably left crumbs in the butter again :-D

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 21 Apr 2013 13:39

my neighbour who knows the cat's **** about everything under the sun, and if anyone is doing anything, he knows a better way

people who spit chewing gum on to the pavements

people who donlt say thank you when you hold a door open for them, or drivers who do not acknowledge when you have given way for them

idiots who use their mobiles when driving

idiots who fail to use their set belts

people who say "absolutely" all the time instead of yes

people who say "at this moment in time" instead of now

people like my sister who feels a need to open up about her sex life and the sex lives of her children - what a dysfunctional family

Sharron

Sharron Report 21 Apr 2013 13:29

Bad English by journalists, it is the tool of their trade.

Drivers using mobile phones.

Being patronized.

Selfish, thoughtless parents.

Treacle tart.

Kuros

Kuros Report 21 Apr 2013 11:18

The mis-use of apostrophes. Some people now put an apostrophe before every letter "s" at the ends of words. When I was teaching I once had a note from a parent who signed herself "Mrs. Jone's"

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 21 Apr 2013 03:36

lol BF :-D

A Glasgow kiss?

ButtercupFields

ButtercupFields Report 21 Apr 2013 03:24

:-( I hate the nights when I am tossing and turning and can't sleep. If anyone suggests I do me housrework I shall chin em :-D

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 21 Apr 2013 01:17

what bugs me? (apart from crumbs in the butter & jam lol)

The "Why don't you" brigade :-P

Why don't you........?
Why don't you.........?

then proceed to tell you to live your life like THEY do!

I got totally fed up with a friend who did that (known each other since we were about 19)

So I said.......... Why don't you **** *** !!

:-P :-P :-P :-P

Gins

Gins Report 20 Apr 2013 10:12

Oooh, on the subject of toast.............people who don't butter to the edges (My OH)

:-|

ButtercupFields

ButtercupFields Report 20 Apr 2013 09:52

I hate people going off about anti-social pensioners! We have earned the right to be so :-D :-D :-D and for Gwynnie....,,,,,,,,,,,,, <3

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 20 Apr 2013 09:33

Absolutely see red when strangers park their car opposite our garage and b off .we can't get the car out or put it back if we have been out . We have a cul de sac access at the back of the houses for access to our garages that are in the back gardens.
Some think its a public car park I think.

There have been times when the car has had to stay out all night cos a car hasn't moved, very annoying cos our car insurance is on the basis of the car being garaged overnight when we are home

Am getting het up just writing this :-(

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 20 Apr 2013 09:18

I usually put off calling phone / tech support for my mobile as I can be sure to waste a lot f time and get nowhere except boiling mad.

Yesterday I had a serious some on my bill for 08xx numbers I had never dialled and on top "SIM not permitted to connect to this network".

Instead of using usual channels went via "thinking of leaving T-Mobile (EE)". Wow. Bill reduced to normal, handed through to techie who sorted out the SIM problem in short order. All in standard English (well, Middlesborough which I like) and very friendly .... so maybe there is a dept which does value yr custom. My contract expires in May.

fwiw living in France for years there are downsides and France Telekom aka Orange is one of them. In a country for which rude and useless utility customer service is the norm even the French find Orange to much. Once the market was liberalised they deserted in their millions. Orange did not change. I was dismayed when Orange took over T-Mobile ... I think you just have to hope for a T-Mobile renegade who likes customers.

OTOH GRU are impervious to to their customers - Natasha for instance has vanished along with her stickies. Where are Estelle and Phil now ?