General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

New Military Records

New military records

Was your ancestor a war hero?

View thousands of brand new military records, including Chelsea Pensioner records, Military Nurses, Prisoners of war and much more.

View military records today

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

The Week Ahead.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Dermot

Dermot Report 20 Apr 2013 16:15

I will tidy my shed.

I promise not to procrastinate any more.

I had intended to do the task last week - wish me luck or offer a helping hand if you live close by.

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 20 Apr 2013 16:24

Nope not offering sorry.

I have tidied the garage , the fitted wardrobes and done umpteen tip runs so am cream crackered now from all that tidying .

Done my bit for yonks to come I think . OH just sat back and made hoarders remarks on what i was throwing out even though clothes don't fit anymore or DIY thingies were broken plus he cant do DIY anymore .

Gave good tools to grandson to save him buying plus he comes to ours every third Sunday to see if grandad needs any jobs done.

Am sitting back now feeling a bit complacent :-D

BarneyKent

BarneyKent Report 20 Apr 2013 16:28

Do what I did - something really drastic.

I have always been a slob where sheds are concerned and never threw anything away. Consequently everything ended up "in the shed" and it was piled 5 feet high. To find anything I had to empty it. In the end if I wanted a tool, nail, screw, paint brush, etc. it was quicker to go to B&Q and buy it than try and find it in the dreaded shed.

Last year I did it !!!!!! I emptied the shed, rescued the few tools i needed and threw everything away, including the shed. Then I bought a 6 foot by 3 foot bike shed. It holds the mower, the garden seat cushions and a tool box and not much more.

AND IT WORKS, I can now find everything I need and I just don't have anywhere to save an item "just in case I need it".

SORTED

Island

Island Report 20 Apr 2013 16:32

I thought you were going to say you torched it Staffy :-0 :-D

BarneyKent

BarneyKent Report 20 Apr 2013 16:34

I came close to doing it

Brenda from Wales

Brenda from Wales Report 20 Apr 2013 16:54

Someone with a like mind!!!
Only thing is to spur me on Ive really gone to town and ordered a new automated garage door...plus...block paving driveway..so got o get it sorted now so hopefully grandsons coming over to take what they want.

Last weekend, Son in law took a lot of power tools that I don't want,but I guess I'll have to have a skip for the rubbish...but am looking forward to being able to keep my car in the garage...which has never happened in the 13 years Ive lived here.

Had the surveyor here on Thurs for hours as the salesman had under estimated the amount of bricks etc and should be more than was quoted and I signed for,so don't know how I stand on that!,It was their mistake,so Im hoping they honour it.

Why is life so complicated?

Paula+

Paula+ Report 20 Apr 2013 17:03

OH will not let me near his shed! ;-)

terryj

terryj Report 20 Apr 2013 20:56

sheds are a mans retreat
i have 2 one for the scooters and one for the tools wife goes nowhere near
now i can show you a messy shed

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 21 Apr 2013 01:02

We don't have a shed.

We have a double garage ~ big enough for two cars.

The car has never been in the garage :-(

The garage is FULL of OH's "stuff" !

:-S

Brenda from Wales

Brenda from Wales Report 21 Apr 2013 11:21

Same here Scozz!

Double garage full of tools and rubbish.

Car never been in there,but I have to clear as I want to put the car in there now Im on my own,especially as we had a bad winter and I could do without having to scrape the windscreen etc

I have given a lot of the tools to my s.i.l,but want grandsons here to clear out more.
Will be a big worry off my mind!

Merlin

Merlin Report 21 Apr 2013 14:15

Sounds like there will be a lot of empties and tinnies cleared out. :-D :-D can never understand why people fill their garages with a few hundred quids worth of rubbish and leave very expensive autos worth thousands outside on the drive. Very Illogical . :-(

Barbinsglos

Barbinsglos Report 21 Apr 2013 15:41

We have a double garage and our two cars drove in beautifully.

Now we are both retired and just one car, how come I have difficully squeezing in. Not me, the car LOL.

What is it all and where did it all come from ???

He blames me and I blame him :-|

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 21 Apr 2013 16:14

We live in a house that has 4 bedrooms, a formal lounge & dining room, a family room, kitchen & meals area, a study and three bathrooms. We also have a large covered deck outside...... and the double garage. Loads of cupboard space.

How many people live in this house? Two :-0

How did we collect so much STUFF???

I grew up in an ordinary suburban three-bedroom house with one bathroom....... with Mum & Dad, four brothers, a dog, a rabbit & a parrot.

:-S