General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

How lovely.......

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

PricklyHolly

PricklyHolly Report 22 Apr 2013 11:03

....Dawn French has reportedly married her partner Mark Bignell. The Vicar of Dibley star is believed to have celebrated her wedding in the Cornish seaside town of Fowley.

Celebrity guests including Dawn's close comedian writing pal Jennifer Saunders, singer Alison Moyet, actress Kathy Burke and screenwriter Richard Curtis.

The nuptials are said to have taken place in Fowey Hall, which is described on its website as "one of the most impressive family hotels in Cornwall". It claims to be "perfect" for weddings and provides an "idyllic setting".

It is Dawn's second marriage after she wed comedian Lenny Henry in 1984. The pair divorced after 25 years of marriage in 2010 and she is thought to have dated Bignell since early 2012.

A lovely lady and i am really happy for her.

SueMaid

SueMaid Report 22 Apr 2013 11:05

That's lovely news - she is a big favourite of mine. I hope she and her new husband have many happy years together.

Sharron

Sharron Report 22 Apr 2013 11:11

It seems that Lenny is happy too.

Wend

Wend Report 22 Apr 2013 11:14

That's lovely news Prickles :-D <3

Mersey

Mersey Report 22 Apr 2013 11:35

I love a Happy Ending..... <3

PollyinBrum

PollyinBrum Report 22 Apr 2013 14:00

It was reported on TV this morning, when they first met he had no idea who she was, and she laughed, and asked if he had never seen her on TV over the last twenty years, and he said No I don't watch TV.

She had been happily married to Lenny Henry and they remain the very best of friends. I like Dawn and Lenny, two of the very few very down to earth celebrities.
<3 <3 <3

eRRolSheep

eRRolSheep Report 22 Apr 2013 14:21

Fowey is one of my favourite places on the planet and a lovely setting.

BarbinSGlos

BarbinSGlos Report 22 Apr 2013 14:35

I have always thought Dawn has such a beautiful face. I wish them well :-D

Tenerife Sun

Tenerife Sun Report 22 Apr 2013 17:41

I am really pleased for Dawn French and hope she will be very happy.

I have been invited to Cornwall for a holiday, my sister in law lives there, but think it might be a bit chilly at this time of the year. If I go I will go and see Fowey

DIZZI

DIZZI Report 22 Apr 2013 17:57

HOPE THEY WILL BE VERY HAPPY

StrayKitten

StrayKitten Report 22 Apr 2013 18:33

i think its lovely news, altho the old cynic in me doesnt belive he didnt no who she was

~~ Jules in Wiltshire~~

~~ Jules in Wiltshire~~ Report 22 Apr 2013 20:05

I hope they have a lovely life together... :-D

Jules x

Elizabethofseasons

Elizabethofseasons Report 22 Apr 2013 23:26

Dear All

Hello

Some happy news at last.

Hope the couple are very happy together and
congratulations to them both. <3

Take gentle care
Best wishes
EOS
xx

ann

ann Report 22 Apr 2013 23:32

I was in Fowey last July. Locals talked about Dawn French as a local. She does shop in the tiny village of Fowey when at home. When I was there she was not there but did see her accommodation across the water

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 23 Apr 2013 05:51

I like Fowey (pronounced Foy) but I didn't know Dawn lived there.
I hope she and her new husband are very happy together. Wonder if she will put the weight back on now she's loved up and content?

Lizx