General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Teachers - 'political correctness gone wild'

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

CupCakes

CupCakes Report 22 Apr 2013 14:01

Teachers told not to use red ink in case it upsets pupils: Tory MP slams 'political correctness gone wild’

Bob Blackman was contacted by a Harrow teacher angry at edict from head
Education minister Liz Truss insists government has not issued a ban
Researchers have suggested red is linked with warning, prohibition, caution, anger, embarrassment and being wrong'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2312889/Teachers-told-use-red-ink-case-upsets-pupils-Tory-MP-slams-political-correctness-gone-wild.html#ixzz2RCFkQDXU
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 22 Apr 2013 14:02

absolutely ridiculous

Merlin

Merlin Report 22 Apr 2013 14:05

Methinks these Re searchers need to look up the word "Labotomy" and meybe request one. :-D

BarneyKent

BarneyKent Report 22 Apr 2013 14:09

Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by the liberal minority of do-gooders, who insist that every person in the world is equal in every way.

This is the same as saying that you can pick up a turd by the clean end.

BarbinSGlos

BarbinSGlos Report 22 Apr 2013 14:18

StaffyKnot :-D :-D

What happens when they see a red traffic light, will they get embarrassed just before gettin hit bt a bus

BarneyKent

BarneyKent Report 22 Apr 2013 14:20

Glad it made you smile Barb. The only thing to do with PC nutters is to take the mick out of them.

Merlin

Merlin Report 22 Apr 2013 14:21

A big Red One Barbs? I wonder who appoints these Weirdos? B nutters.Or suffering from possibly "Quangoitus" :-D :-D

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 22 Apr 2013 14:25

that well known organisation - "Idiots are us" - it has many members

Merlin

Merlin Report 22 Apr 2013 14:26

One of which is well known on here. :-D

Porkie_Pie

Porkie_Pie Report 22 Apr 2013 14:34

Just a note ref, "Researchers have suggested red is linked with warning, prohibition"

Some government organisations use red ink for specific purposes

For example the forces use Red ink, Army forms such as a AF1033 issue/receipt form where the form is filled out in red it means the recipient has to paying for the item usually because he/she was negligent and lost the original item. :-0

I now never use red to write or even sign for any thing ;-)

Roy

Lyndi

Lyndi Report 22 Apr 2013 14:40

'Researchers have suggested red is linked with warning, prohibition, caution, anger, embarrassment and being wrong'

Umm, being wrong - isn't that usually why teachers use red ink? What a pathetic generation we are rearing, unable to be told when they are wrong (or maybe that should be told when they are not right!!)

It beggars belief :-S :-|

Mike. The Leicester Lad.(GC)

Mike. The Leicester Lad.(GC) Report 22 Apr 2013 15:26

Ummm ? So…….
Now can
we throw a wobble without problems ……….
at the next Red Utility Bill ?
MIKE. ……

Dermot

Dermot Report 22 Apr 2013 15:39

Red ink is perfectly acceptable to colour-blind students.

LilyL

LilyL Report 22 Apr 2013 16:02

Dear oh dear, whatever next, how on earth will these poor 'hot house' plants cope when they are grown up and in the REAL world?, nervous breakdown time I should think!!!!!

Mayfield

Mayfield Report 22 Apr 2013 16:02

Perhaps the transfusion service should stop using clear bags in case the colour disturbs patients and causes staff to suffer Post-traumatic stress disorder as a result!

Mayfield,
PS Reminds me, my mum worked in hospital in the days that blood was in glass bottles she was a bit of a butterfingers at times and found one bottle of blood goes a long long way!!!

LilyL

LilyL Report 22 Apr 2013 17:20

Mayfield, I think you're right! - Contact them IMMEDIATELY!!!! Your poor Mum! Reminds me of when I was first married MANY moons ago and we lived in Falmouth. I had bought a bottle (glass) of Tom Ketchup which was perched in my inadequate string bag (remember those?) Yes, you've got it, the bag tipped as I put it over my shoulder, and CRASH, bye bye Tom Ketch, ALL over the pavement, running into the road, and heaven knows where else!! I've never forgotten it as I simply didn't know what to do,, so I ran away!!! how cowardly is that?! Well. I was only 21!!!

OneFootInTheGrave

OneFootInTheGrave Report 22 Apr 2013 17:27

The politically correct mob in their non jobs, paid no doubt by the taxpayer, never cease to amaze me. Next they will be telling kids not to breathe as it can spread germs :-|

What the parents of these kids should do is to have the kids do all their homework in red ink ;-)

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 22 Apr 2013 17:47

So, if a child likes red clothes? Does one automatically assume they're dangerous?

Are teachers to be banned from wearing red?
Is both the black (satanic thoughts) AND red paint to be removed from the painting corner.
All red lego bricks to be removed.

I could go on........

No tomatoes/tomato sauce to be seen in the dining room

Elizabeth2469049

Elizabeth2469049 Report 22 Apr 2013 18:42

Some years ago I was working on a trial children's magazine for use in schools (not in UK) and we were using (for economy) old illustration blocks and writing stories round them. However the boss of the firm had the same hang-up about the colour red for children- and we found he had changed all the colours before printing the first issue. Of course the follow up found the teachers saying how dull the colours were and children would have liked bright colours!

terryj

terryj Report 22 Apr 2013 19:01

probably the same people who said no competetive sport as not winning might effect the poor darlings