General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

why women go to the bathroom in pairs.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 23 Apr 2013 14:38

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/woman-encounters-tiger-in-bathroom-8583996.html

Island

Island Report 23 Apr 2013 15:01

Do women bath in pairs? That's a new one on me :-S

Claddagh

Claddagh Report 23 Apr 2013 15:39

I can't stand the Americans calling the loo/toilet/wc 'bathroom'.....Way back in my youth,many moons ago, when at a dance evening when living in the UK, going to the LOO (!!!)
with my female friend, but NOT in the same cubicle.Lol.Shyness at having to walk across the dance floor alone maybe?

Frederick

Frederick Report 23 Apr 2013 16:46

Probably because most women are Pear ( pair ) Shaped. !!!!!!!!!!.

F.

terryj

terryj Report 23 Apr 2013 17:03

i always assumed they went in pairs to do a quick update
" i don't fancy mine much shall we dump them"

JustJohn

JustJohn Report 23 Apr 2013 21:39

Taps might be a bit stiff for one :-S

Mauatthecoast

Mauatthecoast Report 23 Apr 2013 23:10

'why women go to the bathroom in pairs'?..

...to gossip in peace :-D

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 24 Apr 2013 00:06

always did when we were "young"..............

because the ladies loo was usually horrible........ nowhere to put a handbag except the floor......... so we took turns holding bags & using loo.

:-D

CupCakes

CupCakes Report 24 Apr 2013 08:20

All of the above - felt a bit safer with a friend - late at night seems more prevalent today as well

JustJohn

JustJohn Report 24 Apr 2013 09:00

We men (we not used intentionally :-() are very different to you ladeez. Urinals are not any sort of social place. We rush in at last minute. Ignore anyone else who is performing. Don't establish eye contact, don't smile, hum but never ever speak. Ignore aromas coming out of cubicles - wonder why they couldn't have done it at home before venturing out.

Washing hands afterwards is more of a bonding or social event - with chuckles as we dry our hands in the hot air blower and watch how much surplus skin we actually have on back of hands :-) :-)

BarneyKent

BarneyKent Report 24 Apr 2013 12:14

SPRING TERM CLASSES AT THE ADULT LEARNING CENTRE

All classes are of ten weeks duration with the exception of class 2. The complexity of this subject necessitates twenty-four weeks.

Class 1
How to go to a Public House or Restaurant toilet by yourself.
In-house demonstrations.
Monday and Friday at 8.00 PM for 2 hours.

Class 2
How to walk past a shoe shop without going in.
Group Debate.
Saturday 2.30 PM for 3 hours. (24 weeks).

Class 3
Fundamental differences between a handbag and a suitcase.
Pictures and Explanatory Graphics.
Saturdays at 4:00 PM for 3 hours.

Class 4
Can a bath be taken without 14 different kinds of soaps, shampoos, conditioners & creams?
Open Forum.
Monday 6:00 PM for 2 hours.

Class 5
Which Takes More Energy - Putting the Toilet Seat Down, or Bitching About It for 3 Hours?
Round Table Discussion.
Saturday 1:00 PM for 2 hours.

BarneyKent

BarneyKent Report 24 Apr 2013 12:15

Sorry ladies - I love you all really.

I await a similar "male" oriented response with interest.

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 24 Apr 2013 12:48

Many years ago a crowd of us (co-workers) went for a drink.......... we didn't know it was a gay bar. A mixed crowd.

The females thought it was great fun, but the guys went all "weird"!

We females went into hysterical laughter when we realised our male workmates were going to the loo in pairs!! Safety in numbers?

The ladies loo was "interesting"....... at least half the "ladies" at the mirror were 6' tall, big hair, too much makeup and deep voices.

:-D