General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

The British Newspaper Archive

British Newspaper Archive

Read about historical events at the time they were happening. Perhaps you'll discover your ancestor in their local newspaper?

Start searching

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Are we alone in the Universe ?

Page 1 + 1 of 2

1. «
  2. 1
  3. 2
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Rambling Rose

Rambling Rose Report 23 Apr 2013 18:51

I think it's possible there is intelligent life 'out there' but if it's intelligent it will probably stay there lol.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 23 Apr 2013 18:49

Why should we be the only planet in the Universe with intelligent life? There must be others were the conditions have been right.

Other Intelligent beings may not necessarily be carbon based just because we are.

Barbinsglos

Barbinsglos Report 23 Apr 2013 18:49

I love your crop circles Mayfield

Mayfield

Mayfield Report 23 Apr 2013 18:46

We have been among you for some time now, don’t think that covering your head in tin foil will prevent your assimilation.

Do you really think that all those health and safety nuts, and people who ban things in public office are not under our control!

We now have the yellow lines at the side of the footpaths in Swindon to guide in our invasion fleet!

Paula+

Paula+ Report 23 Apr 2013 18:41

@Erroll. You are awful, but I like you! ;-)

GHeather

GHeather Report 23 Apr 2013 18:15

I hope to get a load of replies on this subject, and things related to it. Your thoughts, views, ideas etc... Thanks. :-) ;-)

GHeather

GHeather Report 23 Apr 2013 18:12

We tend to think if they are advanced beings they will be friendly, but what if it wasn't the case! Been watching too many Sci fi films! Lol :-) ;-) The idea of sending a thing out into space... with a lot of info about us, and where we are in the Universe, was that really a great idea ? Fingers crossed! lol

GHeather

GHeather Report 23 Apr 2013 18:08

I think there must be life out there somewhere... but finding intelligent life: much harder!

eRRolSheep

eRRolSheep Report 23 Apr 2013 18:08

Well it would certainly be quite novel because there is a patent lack of intelligent life on some threads.

GHeather

GHeather Report 23 Apr 2013 18:06

A person called: Amir Aczel, wrote a book on this very subject called: 'Probability 1 why there must be intelligent life in the Universe. A very interesting book, I have it. A brill read!

GHeather

GHeather Report 23 Apr 2013 18:01

Do you think life is out there... ? (Intelligent life.) Perhaps there is life on one of the moons, doesn't always have to be on a planet, interesting thought.