General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Gift subscriptions

Genes Reunited gift subscription

Do you know someone interested in discovering their family history?

You can now buy a gift subscription to Genes Reunited so they can research their family tree.

Buy gift or redeem gift

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Anyone else getting this ?

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Maryanna

Maryanna Report 26 Apr 2013 09:45

Hi, bit of a sensitive subject .....

In the last couple of days I have three times had very naughty pictures of ladies pop up. Titled "local sl*gs".

Now, the odd thing is that it has only happened on GR and only when I have been checking on JLH's RIP thread !!!!!

Might just be a coincidence but I have looked at lots of other things as well as that.

Needless to say, I haven't looked at the site and have back clicked it when it has appeared.

Has anyone else had this ? Oh and it is only on my iPad., both laptops and the home PC have been clear so far.

I would rather not see what these young ladies had for their breakfast, as a speech therapist, I am more used to looking down the other end to see where it went !!! M

JustJohn

JustJohn Report 26 Apr 2013 09:57

Maryanna. I would be mortified if those images were coming from my posts. I did have my yahoo mail hacked into (address list used to send advertising to 120 people - all of whom I had to apologise to :-( :-() That was about a month ago and have changed all passwords since and no problems since.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 26 Apr 2013 10:06

Oh dear - hope someone with knowledge of ipads can advise. Not nice to have those pop up when you don't want them.

There seems to be various make-specific help boards on the internet. Have you thought of looking at or asking on those?

Maryanna

Maryanna Report 26 Apr 2013 10:06

No John, I am sure they don't come from you !!!!

I thought GR had filters for all that sort of thing anyway.

If you do get them though, I hope you don't have a dicky ticker !!

I have never had anything like them before, and I thought that iPads were less likely to get such problems.

Funny thing is, they are supposed to be local girls. I don't recognise any of them, mind you, their faces aren't what you first see !! M

♥†۩ Carol   Paine ۩†♥

♥†۩ Carol Paine ۩†♥ Report 26 Apr 2013 10:08

just run your cleaner it is cookies from another site

Maryanna

Maryanna Report 26 Apr 2013 10:10

Thanks Carol, will give it a go. :-). M

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 26 Apr 2013 10:52

I had the same thing this morning on my I pad .i was on genes too at the time . I closed the page pronto

Mayfield

Mayfield Report 26 Apr 2013 11:09

I'm sure someone like the Inspector or Rollo will be more clued up than me, but I have read recently that scammers and other internet scum are moving more towards iPads tablets and smart phones. Mainly because they don't as yet have so much security software as we have got used to installing on laptops and desktops.

Regards,
Mayfield

Maryanna

Maryanna Report 26 Apr 2013 12:16

Yes Mayfield, my husband thought the same. Because more people are getting iPads I suppose there is now more of an " audience " so to speak for the scammers. Although I always thought that Apples / Macs were harder to get into because of Them not using Windows but maybe that was only because there were fewer of them.

I know when I had several very helpful gentlemen ringing me a while ago telling me there was " a problem " with my computer, as soon as I mentioned the word Apple they all very quickly rang off.

At least Im not the only one Shirley, and I mean that in the nicest possible way !

M

;-)

**Ann**

**Ann** Report 26 Apr 2013 15:47

Maryanna.........OMG thought I was going mad! Went twice to enter a thread and up they popped......really explicit as well.

:-0 :-0 :-0

Budgie Rustler

Budgie Rustler Report 26 Apr 2013 15:53

Are you guys using any Google application by any chance ?

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 26 Apr 2013 15:53

Just accessed this on my I pad but not had any naughty pictures

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 26 Apr 2013 15:55

I wonder if it is how you access Genes that affect it. I come on via google mail not safari.

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 26 Apr 2013 15:57

I use google chromeon my PC but the I pad is Apple .The I pad is where I got the naughty website open as I clicked on a Genes thread

Mayfield

Mayfield Report 26 Apr 2013 16:00

Just popping down to buy an iPad! ;-)

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 26 Apr 2013 16:01

lol !! a bit expensive just to see naughties :-D :-D :-D

Porkie_Pie

Porkie_Pie Report 26 Apr 2013 16:06

I did once have an admirer whilst on the find ancestors board once

They called her Hotalice42

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/general_chat/thread/1319329

Roy

**Ann**

**Ann** Report 26 Apr 2013 16:07

Mine is ipad as well....just noticed Maryanna that yours popped up on the RIP thread, I was going to put a funny on there when the same happened to me...so I shut down pronto.

Renes

Renes Report 26 Apr 2013 17:27

I have had it several times .... Only on GR and I too am on my IPad

Apple iPads use Safari ....

It seems to happen, as has been said, when you click on a thread to read,

It hesitates, momentarily and you go to click again

And get presented with .....

Several photos of female parts ...

Close up and in colour

Have noticed it over the last 10 days or so

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 26 Apr 2013 17:35

Would it be a good idea to tell GR about it???

send a message to support

It sounds as if it could be this site that is being hacked, if you are not getting them on any other site.