General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Gift subscriptions

Genes Reunited gift subscription

Do you know someone interested in discovering their family history?

You can now buy a gift subscription to Genes Reunited so they can research their family tree.

Buy gift or redeem gift

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

The Good Deed or Good News Thread. :-)

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

TheBlackKnight

TheBlackKnight Report 28 Apr 2013 09:23

Hi this is The Good Deed or Good News Thread
A good deed can be as big hearted thing or as small act of random kindness but it's all good.
So if you have done a good deed for another person today or another has done a good deed for you, & you would like to share the good news of that deed or any good news, then feel free to share it in here,
we all know the boards could do with some good news.

TheBlackKnight

TheBlackKnight Report 28 Apr 2013 09:47

I have two happy dogs after playing football in the garden with them now they are sleeping :-D

Rambling Rose

Rambling Rose Report 28 Apr 2013 11:25

Synchronicity lol, I am just reading a book by someone who decided to do one good deed a day for a year. I'm only up to 'April' in it, mostly small good deeds, domestic rather than far reaching...but quite amusing to read :-)

My own 'good deed' if it counts as such today will be emailing someone who wanted something I put on freecycle 'if I ever had more of them'.

JustGinnie

JustGinnie Report 28 Apr 2013 11:48

My good news is, I am alive and so are my family. :-D

OH made breakfast and washed up this morning, I feel blessed. :-D :-D

TheBlackKnight

TheBlackKnight Report 28 Apr 2013 12:02

RR thats a good idea if you want to write a funny book. lol
JG I hope you enjoyed your breakfast. I just made my OH a coffee & done the washing for her. :-D

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 28 Apr 2013 13:12

my son has just rung to ask me up for Sunday lunch -picking his mother in law up along the way :-D

TheBlackKnight

TheBlackKnight Report 28 Apr 2013 13:43

That's nice I hope he has lots of cake for you after dinner Ann. :-D

Mersey

Mersey Report 28 Apr 2013 18:01

I watched my nephew and the football team he plays for win their cup match....nephew scored 2 goals and blew a kiss to his family when he scored.....so special.....He lifted the cup and was so proud, not as much as his mum and I <3....

patchem

patchem Report 28 Apr 2013 18:08

I went and did some 'gardening' in a Conservation area. The pond can now be seen from the entrance gate.
But, more satisfying, the area we cleared last Autumn is now full of primroses. Presumably they would have been there anyway, but rather hidden in the undergrowth.
And I saw some malamute huskies being used to drag logs and move cuttings.
One being a very very attractive puppy of 14 weeks.

Added:
He was not dragging logs, just playing around, in case someone objected.