General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

New Scottish Census

New Scottish census records

Do you have Scottish ancestors?

Perhaps you do and you just didn't know! Search our brand new Scottish census records today and discover if you have Scottish roots.

Search Scottish Census

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Actress Overkill.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

MotownGal

MotownGal Report 4 May 2013 18:52

Rolls eyes................................

:-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

Island

Island Report 4 May 2013 17:42

Gee thanks Mtg :-D I shall look forward to not watching that. Is it another series of Greedy Girl Eats Cornwall? :-\

:-D :-D

MotownGal

MotownGal Report 4 May 2013 06:56

Memo to Island....................

Caro has a new documentary series coming along soon.

Passing you a paper bag to collect up all the hair you have pulled out!

:-D :-D :-D :-D

Greenfingers

Greenfingers Report 2 May 2013 19:47

Quite frankly I cannot say that I have any problems with actors /actresses being too much on the TV providing they CAN ACT>if they can they they become that person, unlike presenters who are often on overkill, because apparently the public like them.....well nobody has ever asked me which presenters I find soothing and those they i want to smack their faces !! ....thats another list !!

MotownGal

MotownGal Report 2 May 2013 07:30

Hello Barry

I believe there is a young lady called Kim and her sisters too.

They seem to be living their lives in the media.

:-)

Barry_

Barry_ Report 2 May 2013 00:55

So sorry, MG, you don't know what overkill is unless it's named Lindsay Lohan!!

Geesh. It's a name that always seems to be on the minds of the TV and News stations here.
Talk about being sick and tired of being sick and tired about thiis little madam!!

She's going into rehab today (Thursday) - again! - for the umpteenth time.

If only she'd buy one of rehab these places and stay there!!

Roger! Wilco! Over and out!!

MotownGal

MotownGal Report 30 Apr 2013 19:50

Oh lor, Caroline Quentin.

Didn't much like her in Men Behaving Badly, her detective series, Jonathon Creek, numerous documentaries.

I think that just about covers it.

:-D

Island

Island Report 30 Apr 2013 18:53

They might be under contract to do so many shows.

There's always been periods when the same actors seem to be in everything going. Have to say, I'd rather see them doing drama than fronting documentaries ho hum....caroline quentin ....hum hum. :-\

Mayfield

Mayfield Report 30 Apr 2013 18:28

Ah but you can't have too much of Sykes the dog in Midsomer Murders and numerous tv ads!

Not forgetting 9 films and his own Facebook page :-D

Mayfield ;-)

MotownGal

MotownGal Report 30 Apr 2013 18:15

Yes Karen, that is exactly what I mean.

I do like the two of them, and will probably watch the new programme they are making with David Morrisey [another actor who was in everything a couple of years ago] I just hope that it is not shown until the Autumn time.

There must be hundreds of actors and actresses who would be more than capable of acting in this new prog. but they will not be a 'draw' for the audience.

:-(

Karen in the desert

Karen in the desert Report 30 Apr 2013 18:08

This is, unfortunately, what seems to happen.
You see an actor/actress in one series and then you may see them in something else quite soon after (good for them) but before long, they seem to be in just about everything there is on TV.
It goes into overkill and I get sick of the sight of them.
I don't really understand why it has to be so, as there must be loads of actors/actresses in the 'pool' waiting for work. Or, the programme makers could give some newcomers a go. It doesn't always have to be a well known face. :-)

MotownGal

MotownGal Report 30 Apr 2013 18:00

I know she has been in loads of things. Olivia Coleman was also in Peep Show and The Rev.

I do like them both, as they can play comedy or serious roles, but they seems to be the 'flavour of the month'.

I fear they will run out of steam for the audience if they are used for everything.

jax

jax Report 30 Apr 2013 11:05

And Two pints of Lager and a packet of Crisps :-D

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 30 Apr 2013 09:42

Sheridan was also in Gavin and Stacey

MotownGal

MotownGal Report 30 Apr 2013 06:51

Reports in the news today that Olivia Coleman and Sheridan Smith are to star in a new BBC vehicle with David Morrisey.

I really like to see both actresses, and enjoyed Olivia in Broadchurch, and she is due on screen soon in The Suspicions of Mr Whicher. Sheridan was in Jonathon Creek and Mrs Biggs etc. Which I enjoyed.

However, I fear that it will soon get to the point when I am tired of seeing both of them.

A great shame, because although it keeps them both in work, we may turn off.

What do others think?