General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Mark Bridger found guilty of murdering April Jones

Page 0 + 1 of 3

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

OneFootInTheGrave

OneFootInTheGrave Report 30 Apr 2013 14:06

The trial opened today of Mark Bridger who is accused of murdering five-year-old April Jones and the prosecutions opening speech contained some gory details, the whole thing sounds heinous, April's parents must be horrified and devastated at what the prosecution disclosed.

April vanished while playing on her bike near her home in Machynlleth, mid-Wales, on October 1 last year and her body has never been found.

jgee

jgee Report 30 Apr 2013 15:15

Hi OFITG.......Just heard the news ..

It as made me feel so sick .. my heart goes out to the family..

jgee

ChAoTicintheNewYear

ChAoTicintheNewYear Report 30 Apr 2013 15:17

In cases like this I do wonder how they manage to find a jury who can be wholly impartial.

OneFootInTheGrave

OneFootInTheGrave Report 30 Apr 2013 15:27

The details turned my stomach, for that reason I did not post them on here, and I also think anyone, having heard the gruesome details, would not find it easy to be totally impartial.

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 30 Apr 2013 15:34

what a monster - I did not realise they had found part of April's skull in his house :-S

PollyinBrum

PollyinBrum Report 30 Apr 2013 15:43

Dear Lord, I have not read the report yet. God rest the soul of the poor little girl and give comfort to her parents.

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 30 Apr 2013 15:45

it was on BBC news just now - how can you recover from losing a child, however old, but one as young as this in such dreadful circumstances

Island

Island Report 30 Apr 2013 15:46

Words fail.

OneFootInTheGrave

OneFootInTheGrave Report 30 Apr 2013 15:51

I won't type the precise details on here, but will post a link. but be warned:-

!!! If You Are Squeamish Do Not Read !!!

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/april-jones-murder-trial-blood-and-bone-fragments-found-at-mark-bridgers-home-8597636.html

My thoughts and prayers are with her family & friends at this very difficult time <3

R.I.P. April

Muffyxx

Muffyxx Report 30 Apr 2013 16:22

Haven;'t got the words. :-(

**Ann**

**Ann** Report 30 Apr 2013 16:24

I heard the news on the way back from shopping and thought I had misheard. I have no words to describe at this moment what I would like to do to that miserable low life scumbag.

GinN

GinN Report 30 Apr 2013 16:24

Oh! How really dreadfull. All I can say is that I hope her end was so swift that she didn't suffer. Her poor, poor parents, what must they be going through, it's unimagineable.

George

George Report 30 Apr 2013 16:33

If he's found guilty they should execute the bastard :-| :-| :-| :-|

George

OneFootInTheGrave

OneFootInTheGrave Report 30 Apr 2013 17:01

I a not a great believer in capital punishment, however when I read about cases like this, I wish the death penalty had never been totally abolished, if he is found guilty he will probably end up in Broadmoor - methinks burnt at the stake would be more appropriate in this case.

Kay????

Kay???? Report 30 Apr 2013 17:05

In-human,,,,,,,,a total monster who deserves to die behind prison walls if hes found guilty,,,,,,,he cant remember because doing so will prove beyond any doubt,

the facts being given in court must be killing her family.

kandj

kandj Report 30 Apr 2013 21:23

Speechless!!

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 30 Apr 2013 21:44

I'm basically against capital punishment but in this instance I make an exception

StrayKitten

StrayKitten Report 30 Apr 2013 21:48

i have no words........

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 30 Apr 2013 22:12

Did read the article and I think most people will have an idea of what he did with her body.

What ever sentence he gets he will not be liked by other prisoners

GenealogyResearchAssistance

GenealogyResearchAssistance Report 30 Apr 2013 22:29

My heart goes out to April's family.

I agree GlitterBaby, most people will have an idea what has happened to April's body. My stomach turned after reading the details of the case.

Whatever sentence he gets will not be enough.