General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

New Scottish Census

New Scottish census records

Do you have Scottish ancestors?

Perhaps you do and you just didn't know! Search our brand new Scottish census records today and discover if you have Scottish roots.

Search Scottish Census

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

The Phaistos Disc...no one knows!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

GHeather

GHeather Report 30 Apr 2013 19:26

The world's oldest ever printed document, but no one has been able to work out what the symbolic writing means, very interesting! Check it out online... and perhaps you could give your own ideas what the mystery writing says ?

Mayfield

Mayfield Report 30 Apr 2013 19:44

You can imagine the scene, "Hey Fred what are you doing"

"I'm putting down important information so later generations can read it I'm calling it a non floppy disc"

"How will they understand it?"

"No probs you fool, by then everyone will have a Betamaxsinclaircartridge non floppy disc reader"

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 30 Apr 2013 22:40

It's all Greek to me

:-D

GHeather

GHeather Report 1 May 2013 00:00

lol like the replies! :-) :-D ;-)

GHeather

GHeather Report 1 May 2013 00:05

Funny replies are most welcome. :-) :-D

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 1 May 2013 01:43

Is there anything on Phaisbook about it?

:-D

terryj

terryj Report 1 May 2013 08:56

just imagine is ancient practical joker stitiing down and scribbling a load of jibberish and thinking this will get them going in a few thousand years time

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 1 May 2013 11:10

Maybe its the instruction book for the Antikythera mechanism.

Or maybe its just something Indiana Jones left behind on the set.

At least now I understand how Wordpress got started and why most blogs are incomprehensible without a knowledge of Minoan Greek.

GHeather

GHeather Report 1 May 2013 15:10

Great lol replies, thanks. :-)