General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

What a stupid conversation.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

UzziAndHerDogs

UzziAndHerDogs Report 1 May 2013 17:39

I have been trying to cancel a policy of Mum´s which has not been allowed even though I had all the data they needed and all the passwords..

So today I phoned them again and decided to be Mum.
They agreed that my daughter had tried to cancel the policy before but because her name wasn´t on the policy they could not take action.
Anyway the policy is now cancelled because they don´t insure in Spain ...

them ....would you like to put your daughters name on the policy so she can deal with further enquiries
me .....do you insure in Spain
them..... No
me ...so is there any point in adding my daughters name to a cancelled policy
them ..well you never know.

I think I am more upset that I sound like an 83yr :-0

beggars belief really.

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 1 May 2013 17:43

like a sketch from Monty Python :-D :-D

UzziAndHerDogs

UzziAndHerDogs Report 1 May 2013 17:48

Ann I think Monty Python would have rejected it because it couldn´t be done, it is too unbelievable :-D

GlasgowLass

GlasgowLass Report 1 May 2013 18:02

I sypathise Uzzi,
Insurance has been mentioned a few times recently.
My nephew was widowed. He tried to cancel late wife's car Insurance.
Company insisted that his wife must make the call herself.

His brother has since received a LETTER from his own insurer advising that they are cancelling his car insurance, because they cant find his address.
(yes, the letter was delivered to the address)

UzziAndHerDogs

UzziAndHerDogs Report 1 May 2013 18:13

GlasgowLass if we (as GR ) put all the stupid things that companies do then the book would be a best seller in the hilarity stakes.