General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Gift subscriptions

Genes Reunited gift subscription

Do you know someone interested in discovering their family history?

You can now buy a gift subscription to Genes Reunited so they can research their family tree.

Buy gift or redeem gift

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Thank goodness for that.!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Kay????

Kay???? Report 3 May 2013 09:29

A Norwich man given an 18 month suspended sentence on the grounds that the judge Mark Lucroft said a difficult choice as sending him to prison would cause hardship to his family,!!!------

his disgusting crime for which he was found guilty

-------sexual abuse on two children aged 7 and 8......

the attorney general has called for a review,,,,,,good man ,,,,

Guinevere

Guinevere Report 3 May 2013 09:30

Too right.

Kay????

Kay???? Report 3 May 2013 09:35

that judge wants de-wigging.

:-P

SueMaid

SueMaid Report 3 May 2013 09:39

Of course he thought about his family while he was abusing two little children.

Sharron

Sharron Report 3 May 2013 09:52

His children have committed no crime.

Kay????

Kay???? Report 3 May 2013 10:08

Neither have the children of a murderer.

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 3 May 2013 10:35

hardship for his family? they will forever suffer because of his actions whether he is jailed or not, and jailed he should be for a long long time - some of these judges need to get out into the real world a bit more

ChrisofWessex

ChrisofWessex Report 3 May 2013 13:22

I have often wondered upon hearing sentences passed - do judges live in the real world?

Porkie_Pie

Porkie_Pie Report 3 May 2013 13:58

Why is it we only seem to hear judges use the "Family card" as an excuse for keeping these people out of prison when it is a sexual abuse case?

Does that mean we should not send other criminals to prison to avoid causing hardship to their families or do these judges think only scum who sexually abuse others have a family, I think their is something very wrong with the mindset of these Judges that need to be looked at.

Roy

TessAkaBridgetTheFidget

TessAkaBridgetTheFidget Report 3 May 2013 14:31

I wouldn't want a known abuser of children in my home. The further away the better.
I reckon that the family will be better off if he is in prison.

Eighteen months seems a very short sentence, even if he is locked away.

Does the judge see sexaul abuse of children as a misdemeanor, rather than a crime???

Dermot

Dermot Report 3 May 2013 14:36

There are several potential good judges on this thread. It's a pity there are few vacancies for said job!

When did we get rid of flogging?

Kay????

Kay???? Report 3 May 2013 14:45

he would only serve 18 months in prison should he go before the court again for any crime,,,,,,so in other words keep your nose clean for 18 months,old chap.......

Dermot I wouldnt say judges more condemers(?) for a stupid judge whos sending out the wrong message,

tough ,if your family suffer through your actions then more shame on you for not putting their welfare first in your vile law breaking lust.

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 4 May 2013 08:01

At least this judge admitted his mistake, didn't get the old man's money back tho.

Judge admits he should have jailed teen burglar - 11 days before he burgled again
By Keith Kendrick , May 3, 2013

A judge has apologised to a burglary victim – for giving the serial thief who robbed him a second chance 11 days earlier.

Judge Scott Wolstenholme admitted he had been overly optimistic by not sending persistent offender Steffan Jackson to prison when he had the chance – because Jackson committed another offence 11 days after letting him go.

The 18-year-old burglar broke into a pensioner's home less than two weeks after he had been handed a community order at Leeds Crown Court by the sympathetic judge.

At the hearing on March 20, Judge Wolstenholme told Jackson, who has been committing offences since he was 11, that prison was not the answer.

He said: "Nobody expects miracles but my minimum requirement is that you do not commit any further offences."

But 11 days later Jackson made off with £1,000 in cash after burgling the home of an 87-year-old.

Judge Wosltenholme has apologised to the elderly burglary victim for his leniency.

He said: "I was optimistic and, as it turns out, foolishly optimistic.

"Because of my optimism, I am afraid the victim has suffered a huge loss which he wouldn't have had if I had been doing my public duty last time."

The judge has now sentenced Jackson to four years in prison.

Hayley   Empress of Drama

Hayley Empress of Drama Report 4 May 2013 09:36

Would any women want a man back in her home when he whas been found gulity of assulting 2 young children? I wouldnt..... the judge is a balloon

Sharron

Sharron Report 4 May 2013 09:48

I think we must always bear in mind that we only see what the media shows us.

They don't bother with the mundane cases because they don't sell papers.

Hayley   Empress of Drama

Hayley Empress of Drama Report 4 May 2013 10:16

The children of a offender have committed no crime, neither did the 2 children he abused but their certainly deserve justice!!