General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

What a lovely day it's been :-)

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 3 May 2013 21:11

Had a docs appointment this morning. He wanted mr to have a blood test.
After docs, went to work for a few hours. Was bemoaning my weight, when the young temp said I wasn't 'big'. Bless him :-D
I said I may not be 'big' but was over a stone more than I wished to be.

Went to hospital for blood test. I had a trainee :-0

She was extremely good and fairly painless, so I complimented her on her technique :-D

Went down town to a craft shop, where an assistant complimented me on my jacket (it's a harris tweed) - which I bought in a charity shop
sooo long ago, It has 'St Michael' on the label, and I can no longer do it up :-(

Into the supermarket. I was looking at the cheese - Danish Blue was 2 for £2. A voice next to me said 'If I buy 1, will they charge me £1'.
'No' I said, but I'll buy 2 and you can buy one off me at the checkout. 'Okay' she said - and, even though I didn't particulary want danish blue, I put 2 in my basket.
True to her word, once we'd paid, she gave me £1, I gave her the cheese :-D
Met a colleague from work at the bus stop (bus due at 15:45 - she works in the kitchen,
Our bus (1 an hour, until 15:45, next one at 17:15, last one 18:15) was half an hour late, colleague and I were bemoanng the terrrible service we get - and everyone started joining in - we had a right laugh.

Oh the joyful interactions of life :-D

Barbra

Barbra Report 3 May 2013 22:48

So glad you had a good Day A kind word & gesture can make so much differance ..Goodnight to you Barbra

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 4 May 2013 07:35

Yet again the book Five People you meet in Heaven, comes to mind Maggie, a bit like the domino effect the way various interactions and deeds move life along.

Glad you had such a good day, all those compliments, don't get bigheaded now eh? Lol

Lizx