General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

The British Newspaper Archive

British Newspaper Archive

Read about historical events at the time they were happening. Perhaps you'll discover your ancestor in their local newspaper?

Start searching

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

What a lovely day it's been :-)

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 4 May 2013 07:35

Yet again the book Five People you meet in Heaven, comes to mind Maggie, a bit like the domino effect the way various interactions and deeds move life along.

Glad you had such a good day, all those compliments, don't get bigheaded now eh? Lol

Lizx

Barbra

Barbra Report 3 May 2013 22:48

So glad you had a good Day A kind word & gesture can make so much differance ..Goodnight to you Barbra

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 3 May 2013 21:11

Had a docs appointment this morning. He wanted mr to have a blood test.
After docs, went to work for a few hours. Was bemoaning my weight, when the young temp said I wasn't 'big'. Bless him :-D
I said I may not be 'big' but was over a stone more than I wished to be.

Went to hospital for blood test. I had a trainee :-0

She was extremely good and fairly painless, so I complimented her on her technique :-D

Went down town to a craft shop, where an assistant complimented me on my jacket (it's a harris tweed) - which I bought in a charity shop
sooo long ago, It has 'St Michael' on the label, and I can no longer do it up :-(

Into the supermarket. I was looking at the cheese - Danish Blue was 2 for £2. A voice next to me said 'If I buy 1, will they charge me £1'.
'No' I said, but I'll buy 2 and you can buy one off me at the checkout. 'Okay' she said - and, even though I didn't particulary want danish blue, I put 2 in my basket.
True to her word, once we'd paid, she gave me £1, I gave her the cheese :-D
Met a colleague from work at the bus stop (bus due at 15:45 - she works in the kitchen,
Our bus (1 an hour, until 15:45, next one at 17:15, last one 18:15) was half an hour late, colleague and I were bemoanng the terrrible service we get - and everyone started joining in - we had a right laugh.

Oh the joyful interactions of life :-D