General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

New Military Records

New military records

Was your ancestor a war hero?

View thousands of brand new military records, including Chelsea Pensioner records, Military Nurses, Prisoners of war and much more.

View military records today

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Do you have interesting info... ?

Page 1 + 1 of 2

1. «
  2. 1
  3. 2
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

GHeather

GHeather Report 4 May 2013 17:55

Thanks AnnCardiff, for this added info. :-)

~`*`Jude`*`~

~`*`Jude`*`~ Report 4 May 2013 18:00

My Uncle Phillip Meninsky painted for the National Ballet. He did some of the most amazing pastels:) Also he was a prisoner of war in a Japanese prison camp and the sketches/drawings he did and hid are now in The Imperial War Museum and Australia and were used as evidence as to the horrendous things they did to the prisoners. l think Searle hid some too and was friends with Phillip.
Also My Grandfather Bernard Meninsky.......

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bernard_Meninsky
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philip_Meninsky

jude ;-)

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 4 May 2013 21:29

One of my Grandfathers was a bigamist, married twice here UK, 3 times in Australia claiming to be Bachelor or Widowe, no divorces or deaths of wives found yet.
Another was kicked out of the family firmly by his grandfather for having an illegitimate child (my mum) while married to someone else, that same grandfather did something similar and a connection to me carried his death certificate around for years having been reported killed in the Great War, and there is more but can't put it in here. :-D

GHeather

GHeather Report 4 May 2013 23:38

Thanks very much for sharing your very interesting family info, I and others enjoyed reading it. :-)