General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

New Military Records

New military records

Was your ancestor a war hero?

View thousands of brand new military records, including Chelsea Pensioner records, Military Nurses, Prisoners of war and much more.

View military records today

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Random I know but.....

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Mersey

Mersey Report 8 May 2013 10:34

I love the advert for Robinson's Juice with the two boys playing together.....

Its a beautiful advert and makes my heart melt every time I see it :-) <3

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 8 May 2013 10:48

I just love the Sky Broadband one with Bruce Willis - the girl in it is hilarious

ButtercupFields

ButtercupFields Report 8 May 2013 11:20

I love the IKEA one with the evil gnomes crashing all over the place...childish I know! :-D :-D :-D

Rambling Rose

Rambling Rose Report 8 May 2013 11:28

lol BC am I the only one who feels sorry for those gnomes? ;-)

ButtercupFields

ButtercupFields Report 8 May 2013 11:51

Yes you probably are, Rose :-D :-D

My dislike of gnomes probably stems from reading an article, many years ago, about a woman being killed by a gnome. She was innocently going around her garden when her leg brushed against a gnome's fork. She got septic poisoning and that was that. Have kept away from them ever since! :-D

Tenerife Sun

Tenerife Sun Report 8 May 2013 13:07

When I lived in the UK a gnome was stolen from someone's front garden. The owners received postcards from it from various places including other countries. There was quite a write up in the local paper about this gnomes travels. Eventually he was returned home to his garden. It turned out that he had been taken by a international lorry driver who kept him looking out the windscreen of the cab in his lorry. :-D

terryj

terryj Report 8 May 2013 13:26

i like the new lidel one about the yogurt with the fruit on the side and the old dear says its along time since i had a bit on the side

Kay????

Kay???? Report 8 May 2013 13:33

Oreo biscuits,,,,,,,,,,little girl and her daddy,,,,,

she is so full on cute, her facial expressions and dialogue are great.

Budgie Rustler

Budgie Rustler Report 8 May 2013 14:19

BC. my lovely,
have you seen the banned Volkswagen TV commercial. :-0
I think you might see the humour in it same as I .

Is that David Tennant at the end of the ad ?

I`ll pm it to you if you wish.
Its not rude but there is swearing in it
:-0

eRRolSheep

eRRolSheep Report 8 May 2013 14:24

One of the cleverest subliminal print advertisements I ever saw was years ago for Volkswagen.
It was a picture of a house with a poster on the gatepost for their missing dog.
On the driveway was parked a Volkswagen and in the back window you could just make out the dog.

ButtercupFields

ButtercupFields Report 8 May 2013 14:46

Go ahread Budgie....I shall avert my eyes if the effing gets too much! BC XX :-D

ButtercupFields

ButtercupFields Report 8 May 2013 15:14

It's ok Budgie.. tee hee.I found it! No don't think that was David Tennant? :-D

Budgie Rustler

Budgie Rustler Report 8 May 2013 15:39

I`ve watched it several time sweetie and every time I`ve had tears of laughter .
I keep picturing my two granddaughters saying it. :-D :-D :-D

Barbinsglos

Barbinsglos Report 8 May 2013 15:45

I have been trying to remember the advert where one side of the large shop window were adults and the other side babies. The babies start copying the adults dancing. It was trick camera work and it was hilarious. I have only seen it the once.

Anyone seen it ??

Mersey

Mersey Report 8 May 2013 16:03

Barb its for Evian Water :-D :-D

JustGinnie

JustGinnie Report 8 May 2013 16:06

Barbinglos, I have seen that ad as well but can't remember what it was for, the babies were so funny. Only seen it once though.

Barbinsglos

Barbinsglos Report 8 May 2013 16:11

There we are JustGinnie Evian Water

Thanks Mersey,

I also love the little girl in the Orio bicuit ad. Adorable :-D

Mersey

Mersey Report 8 May 2013 16:20

You are most welcome :-D

JustGinnie

JustGinnie Report 8 May 2013 16:23

Thanks Mersey. :-D