General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Genes Extras

Genes Reunited subscription bonuses

As a way of saying thank you to our subscribers, we have launched Genes Extras. You'll find exclusive competitions and discounts on family history magazines, days out and much more.

Take me to Genes Extras

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Talk About The Kettle Calling The Pot Black

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

OneFootInTheGrave

OneFootInTheGrave Report 8 May 2013 17:41

What I find so disappointing is that David Cameron and his cronies are, so far out of touch, that they cannot understand, that all hard working people with aspirations are not middle class, and they will pay a price for that lack of understanding.

A large percentage of ordinary hard working people are employed in jobs that either pay the minimum wage or just above it, and these people will vent their feelings on this coalition government at the next election.

OneFootInTheGrave

OneFootInTheGrave Report 8 May 2013 17:27

Kuros - that's not how I spell tosh :-D :-D :-D

OneFootInTheGrave

OneFootInTheGrave Report 8 May 2013 17:24

At first I thought I must be listening to the debate on last years speech :-S

My own opinion is summed up in six words:-

nothing new - more of the same :-|

Roll on 2015 ;-)

JustJohn

JustJohn Report 8 May 2013 17:22

Whenever I watch Prime Ministers Question Time, DC manages to ask questions of Ed Mili.

Well, I guess it is practice for DC when he is soon in opposition. No point in him answering EM's questions when DC will soon be Opposition Leader (if he is lucky and keeps his job as Tory leader:-))

Kuros

Kuros Report 8 May 2013 16:23

And if you believe that load of tosh, you'll believe anything!

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 8 May 2013 16:22

when I saw "pot black" I was thinking snooker :-D :-D

BarneyKent

BarneyKent Report 8 May 2013 16:18

Did they mention the pigs with wings?

OneFootInTheGrave

OneFootInTheGrave Report 8 May 2013 16:09

I have been following the debate in the House of Commons on the BBC Parliament Channel on the Queens Speech and had to have a good laugh.

David Cameron keeps accusing Ed Milliband of not being able to give straight answers to any questions, talk about the kettle calling the pot black, must be a shortage of mirrors in number 10 ;-)

By the way, the contents of this Queen's Speech, backs those with aspiration who want to work hard, get on life, one which will make work pay, one which will create jobs, encourage growth, and reduce the deficit :-S

Sounds very like the last 3 Queen's Speeches :-D :-D :-D