General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

The British Newspaper Archive

British Newspaper Archive

Read about historical events at the time they were happening. Perhaps you'll discover your ancestor in their local newspaper?

Start searching

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Best Comedy ?

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

GHeather

GHeather Report 12 May 2013 22:23

I've just been watching 'On the Buses' I have it on DVD, a right laugh! What Comedy programme did you like the best from the past... ? Do you think the ones about today, match them ? I thought 'My family' was very good, and many more... :-D

Nolls from Harrogate

Nolls from Harrogate Report 12 May 2013 22:45

I've been watching that on one of the free channels followed before and after wit
h Home to Roost and George & Mildred didn't think I would watch them again but they are funny been enjoying them ...I too like My Family and Last of the Summer Wine. Not much on at the moment to get excited about.

GHeather

GHeather Report 12 May 2013 22:49

I agree Nolls from Harrogate. :-)

GHeather

GHeather Report 12 May 2013 22:50

'The Good Life!' was another brill one! :-D

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 12 May 2013 23:24

Listen very carefully I shall say zis only once .I just love Allo Allo, so silly but very amusing. favourite characters are Herr Flick and Gendarme Crabtree :-D :-D :-D :-D

SueMaid

SueMaid Report 12 May 2013 23:34

Good moaning :-D

I love Love Thy Neighbour. Delightfully unPC :-D

Diamonds-R-A-Girls-Best-Friend

Diamonds-R-A-Girls-Best-Friend Report 12 May 2013 23:42

Oldie....... Only Fools and Horses :-D

Newbie..... Mrs Brown's Boys :-D

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 12 May 2013 23:42

So haunt me
by far the best ever

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/So_Haunt_Me

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 12 May 2013 23:44

Also love Fawlty Towers and Monty Python. They both appeal to my weird sense of humour :-D :-D

JustJohn

JustJohn Report 13 May 2013 00:11

Love Dad's Army. Just keep watching them over and over - stupid boy that I am ;-)

I watched 10 mins of Mrs Brown's Boys yesterday. Found swearing a bit too much and expected to not like it. But found it was extremely funny. Quite a few guffaws :-D :-D

MotownGal

MotownGal Report 13 May 2013 10:23

Loved Ever Decreasing Circles with Richard Briers, Penelope Wilton and Peter Egan. Really made me laugh.

:-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

GHeather

GHeather Report 13 May 2013 11:42

Thanks for the replies, brill! :-D :-D :-D

Rambling Rose

Rambling Rose Report 13 May 2013 11:48

MASH :-D

GHeather

GHeather Report 13 May 2013 11:52

The bus C in 'On the Bues', looks and acts like A.Hitler! lol. His real surname is Lewis, which I have in my family tree. Stephen Lewis was his full name. :-D

GHeather

GHeather Report 13 May 2013 11:54

I think there are only a few comedy programmes about now, that can match the great funny ones from the past... Time they got their act together and came out with another brill one!!! :-D

Estelle

Estelle Advisor Report 13 May 2013 12:01

I have to add to this as I love On the Buses. Their films never cease to make me laugh. I have shown them to my children and they really enjoy them too.
There is an On the Buses tour near to us in a few weeks. They are visiting places where it was filmed. My brother and I are very tempted to go on it. I met Bob Grant once and he was absolutely lovely.
My favourite ever film is Please Sir. I just love it.
As for newer comedies, then I really like Only Fools and Horses.

Sue

Sue Report 13 May 2013 13:33

Cant remember the name of it, but George and Mildred were in it, two girls and a bloke sharing a flat. Hilarious. Also the carry on films. I disliked them when they were current, but years after thought it v. funny.
Anything with Julie Walters, Victoria Wood, Dawn French and Jennifer Saunders.Also Bottom, with Rick Mayall and Adrian Edmonson.
:-D

Rambling Rose

Rambling Rose Report 13 May 2013 13:37

Sue, it was 'Man about the house' :-D

Nolls from Harrogate

Nolls from Harrogate Report 13 May 2013 13:39

Was it Man about the House or Robin's Nest?

Rambling Rose

Rambling Rose Report 13 May 2013 13:44

Nolls , Robin's nest was the follow up to Man about the house, both with Richard O'Sullivan in. I remember 'Man about... ' well because my brother worked at Thames tv at the time and I read the first script lol.